Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I can't wait to see who the White Sox bring in. The hype is unreal.

Story? Sweet. Escobar? Awesome. Maybe a surprise Starlin Marte/Gallo type? Hell yeah.

Just GO for it! Is all I ask.

I think a 2B is a sure bet.  My guess would be either Escobar or Schoop.

A reliever or two should be a sure bet, and I do think they acquire one.  I couldn't hazard to guess who it might be though.  I don't expect a big name (Kimbrel, Chafin, Rodriguez), although they could really use a solid 8th inning guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I think a 2B is a sure bet.  My guess would be either Escobar or Schoop.

A reliever or two should be a sure bet, and I do think they acquire one.  I couldn't hazard to guess who it might be though.  I don't expect a big name (Kimbrel, Chafin, Rodriguez), although they could really use a solid 8th inning guy.

I feel like there's been some smoke for Story for whatever reason. Seems like if they wanted Escobar or felt safe with him, we'd already have him.

I'd love if they went after Gallo... been saying it for 1.5 years, that guy would be ideal for us and this year proves that point so greatly. Left handed power bat that plays RF/3b/1b with good defense and moderate speed. Hell yeah. Also, this year IIRC we've struggled with power... well Gallo rocks that. Additionally, Gallo has great OBP which goes well with what the White Sox like about Grandal. Just love the fit.

Bullpen help should be 100% guranteed. It costs basically nothing to grab some bullpen arms.

11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I feel like there's been some smoke for Story for whatever reason. Seems like if they wanted Escobar or felt safe with him, we'd already have him.

I'd love if they went after Gallo... been saying it for 1.5 years, that guy would be ideal for us and this year proves that point so greatly. Left handed power bat that plays RF/3b/1b with good defense and moderate speed. Hell yeah. Also, this year IIRC we've struggled with power... well Gallo rocks that. Additionally, Gallo has great OBP which goes well with what the White Sox like about Grandal. Just love the fit.

Bullpen help should be 100% guranteed. It costs basically nothing to grab some bullpen arms.

When's the last time Gallo played third regularly? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When's the last time Gallo played third regularly? 

Looks like 2017. Sure, a bit of time ago -- but a talented defender like himself can handle it as a backup to Moncada. We'd be using him mainly for RF anyway. Eloy DH, Vaughn LF, Robert CF, Gallo RF... i'm drolling.

24 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Looks like 2017. Sure, a bit of time ago -- but a talented defender like himself can handle it as a backup to Moncada. We'd be using him mainly for RF anyway. Eloy DH, Vaughn LF, Robert CF, Gallo RF... i'm drolling.

Gallo is GG Right Fielder. Thats where you play him.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bmags said:

Honestly I don’t know the package or the desire but if semien is a possibility it should be all hands on deck. The offense would be incredible and buoy against slow returns from Eloy, Robert.

Torotno is 4 out of the second wildcard and above .500, with a better run differential than any of the wild card teams except TB. Anything is possible, but I’d hate it if the White Sox sold a guy in that situation.

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

Honestly I don’t know the package or the desire but if semien is a possibility it should be all hands on deck. The offense would be incredible and buoy against slow returns from Eloy, Robert.

Give me a deadline of former Sox prospects (Semien, Hudson) and I'm a happy camper.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Then go out and get Conforto in the offseason. He is the perfect fit for the Sox.

Take away one game from the reds last week and he is hitting .197 with 4 homers this year. (he had 3 hits and 2 homers that game). I know he is overcoming some injuries, but he is on a contract year and AWFUL so far. He would need quite a second half turnaround to make it worthwhile, and honestly he is looking like a 1 year prove it deal upcoming, which the Mets would most likely do. Will be interesting to see what he does the next 2 months. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I highly doubt Toronto sells off pieces.  

I totally agree, selling off just 4 games back and behind just two teams where one is the extremely likely to regress mariners seems pretty drastic.

But, they are still in a not great place to make the postseason, I don't believe are in a QO position with Semien, and could very well re-sign him in offseason. I just want sox to be pushing, that's all. 

(and the only reason I mention is because apparently it was mentioned on the ESPN broadcast and I did not hear it, which means that the yankees were inquiring I'm sure to move him to SS and torres to 2b)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I highly doubt Toronto sells off pieces.  

Unless they plan on resigning Semien (doubt it) it would honestly be in their best interest to do so. It's not waving the white flag on this season either, they'll still be in the wild card hunt but yea I get what you mean

The Jays are an interesting team. Trading Semien probably helps their long term process without really throwing away this year. I wonder if that was what the Dickerson acquisition was about ... just move Lourdes to 2b, opens up an OF slot for Dickerson. Springer is back, they still have Grichuk and Teoscar ... can pretty easily move people around and not miss Marcus a ton. They also have Austin Martin who is a polished bat, albeit young who could slot in. They really need arms though, so my guess is if they trade Marcus it's for MLB level arms who can slot into that bullpen or rotation right away or very soon. Ala Joe Kelly to the Twins from the Rays. Not sure have anybody who fits that profile, or who we'd be willing to trade.

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

The Jays are an interesting team. Trading Semien probably helps their long term process without really throwing away this year. I wonder if that was what the Dickerson acquisition was about ... just move Lourdes to 2b, opens up an OF slot for Dickerson. Springer is back, they still have Grichuk and Teoscar ... can pretty easily move people around and not miss Marcus a ton. They also have Austin Martin who is a polished bat, albeit young who could slot in. They really need arms though, so my guess is if they trade Marcus it's for MLB level arms who can slot into that bullpen or rotation right away or very soon. Ala Joe Kelly to the Twins from the Rays. Not sure have anybody who fits that profile, or who we'd be willing to trade.

Yeah exactly, and what if they traded for Heuer? Their bullpen is trash.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah exactly, and what if they traded for Heuer? Their bullpen is trash.

its certainly interesting, especially considering both teams are going for the same prize. I'd think it takes a whole bunch more then Cody, but who knows. 

They've got nate pearson still battling back who looks like he'll be assigned to the bullpen on his way back. But agreed, they need a few arms to really contend. My guess is they ship Marcus out to the NL. Somewhere like the Giants makes sense. Their whole IF is dealing with injuries from Longoria, Belt, Crawford, LaStella. Semien plugs a hole and a need pretty well there. Plus SF can take money on.