Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kenny Williams has to be loving this trade deadline as literally NO ONE is out there talking about White Sox business.  Part of me is amazed they haven't leaked out there by the opposite side team of potential deals, but the longer we stay quiet, the more irrationally scared I am getting that we are going to call Robert, Eloy, and Grandal our deadline deals.

I am low key afraid of the same thing.  Those 3 help fix the lineup, but not addressing the bullpen would be negligent at this point.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kenny Williams has to be loving this trade deadline as literally NO ONE is out there talking about White Sox business.  Part of me is amazed they haven't leaked out there by the opposite side team of potential deals, but the longer we stay quiet, the more irrationally scared I am getting that we are going to call Robert, Eloy, and Grandal our deadline deals.

Don't forget Lynn being resigned. But yea that would not be good.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am afraid with you, but I'm not sure that will work. They told us there is money to spend this deadline all winter and spring. Those guys also don't fix the bullpen. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

What are the most likely prospects of of ours to be dealt this week?

Prospects on the 40 man roster make sense, but a lot of them are underperforming in Stiever, Lambert, Burdi, Johnson, Lopez, Rutherford, & Gonzalez.  Some of them could go, but you’d be selling low on those first guys and probably wouldn’t get much for the next three.  Then you have guys like Burger & Sheets who have probably seen their stock move up enough that they shouldn’t be moved for straight rentals.

As such, prospects I could definitely see going are Adolfo, Gonzalez, Sosa, Mendoza, Mieses, Pilkington, McClure, Bilous, & Horn, plus maybe a guy like Foster who has been bad this year but has shown some major league success.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Apologies in advanced for posting these “rumors”, but at least they can generate some discussion:

Wow what a scoop. Seriously, real hard hitting insider information here haha

Serious note: Story from Rockies, reliever from Cubs, Marte from Marlins?

Edited by manbearpuig

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Wow what a scoop. Seriously, real hard hitting insider information here haha

Serious note: Story from Rockies, reliever from Cubs, Marte from Marlins?

Exactly. Any Sox fan paying attention to the deadline could have tweeted the same thing. The other dead giveaway the guy is fake is his insistence of trying to say Jeff Passan has verified him.

I would really doubt the Sox are in on Marte. If they are actually looking for another OF, which I find hard to believe, it's got to be a big bat LH hitter who they just can't say no to. Other than that, they are going to use their capital on relief and 2B, and maybe a catcher. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would really doubt the Sox are in on Marte. If they are actually looking for another OF, which I find hard to believe, it's got to be a big bat LH hitter who they just can't say no to. Other than that, they are going to use their capital on relief and 2B, and maybe a catcher. 

I am not expecting any splashy deadline deals for the Sox. Really think they look to go the relatively inexpensive rental route with Escobar and a a reliever. 

Our farm does not have the pieces for bigger fish

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

I am not expecting any splashy deadline deals for the Sox. Really think they look to go the relatively inexpensive rental route with Escobar and a a reliever. 

Our farm does not have the pieces for bigger fish

You never really know what you can get if you are willing to take on money. But lets be real, they sometimes talk  a big game about near miss blow you away trades, but they never happen, and this will be no different. I am with you. Escobar helps with power, and a reliable reliever or 2 would really help.  Get the injured guys back, and the team is stacked.

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I am afraid with you, but I'm not sure that will work. They told us there is money to spend this deadline all winter and spring. Those guys also don't fix the bullpen. 

It doesn't make any sense at all.  Like I said, it is irrational, but this team has been eerily quiet.  Even the professional rumor makers are staying extremely vague.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You never really know what you can get if you are willing to take on money. But lets be real, they sometimes talk  a big game about near miss blow you away trades, but they never happen, and this will be no different. I am with you. Escobar helps with power, and a reliable reliever or 2 would really help.  Get the injured guys back, and the team is stacked.

Yeah, and I would guess maybe Nationals are most likely to look for just a quick buck. Hand is rental and $5 mill or so left, Hudson 3+ mill left.

Braves have too much control on all their good bullpen, which is a bummer.

But Escobar + Hand/Hudson does a lot for this team.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It doesn't make any sense at all.  Like I said, it is irrational, but this team has been eerily quiet.  Even the professional rumor makers are staying extremely vague.

Considering that they're supposed to have been "Very active over the last month", you'd think the people they'd have been calling would at least be leaking things right?

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still don’t like the Baez fit because he doesn’t really address our weakness against high end RHP, which after relief pitching is the biggest thing likely to unwind us in the playoffs at the moment.

Not a Baez fan at all, extremely underwhelming that last two seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Marte has better splits vs Righties. That is why he is so desirable. As well as the solid RF fielding.