Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Park has been destroying AAA so this is kind of an interesting trade. Holmes has more than 1 year of control. 

Yankees bullpen completely imploded yesterday against Boston so maybe a bit of a reaction to that?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

With how crappy the Sox farm system is right now, I'm not sure they could even acquire any relievers that would be any better than the  guys they currently have. They might be better off hoping guys like Heuer can figure it out. 

Do the Sox even have the pieces to trade for a rental reliever?

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

They're only worth shitty rental relievers but you don't want to part wats with either of them?

Those guys are the Sox best trade chips. They should be used for someone decent. As we've seen relievers are very fickle. 

It just seems like everyone else is offering more interesting players than the sox have to offer. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, but shitty ones. 

I really don't want to waste Burger/Sheets on rental relievers. 

This is a good post (other than saying burger sheets only get crappy rentals). Save the chips for other moves. Roll with this squad unless you can get a legit controlled piece or someone is selling low on a rental with some cash attached to them. Otherwise - roll with getting three all star type players back while knowing the pen will look different in post season anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Do the Sox even have the pieces to trade for a rental reliever?

No. They are screwed. Hahn should back up the truck, get rid of that overrated Abreu and rebuild around a couple of studs, Yermin and Sheets. With LaRussa at the helm, it shouldn't take long. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No. They are screwed. Hahn should back up the truck, get rid of that overrated Abreu and rebuild around a couple of studs, Yermin and Sheets. With LaRussa at the helm, it shouldn't take long. 

Using Jack Parkman's formula I see. 

Just now, Baron said:

Using Jack Parkman's formula I see. 

I figured Ron should be happy since Yermin and Sheets are studs, LaRussa is the greatest manager maybe who ever lived, and Abreu is a pox on the organization that obviously doesn't have enough to acquire a rental reliever.