Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Adolfo only having 1 option year left really hurts his trade value. He's about to be 25 and he just had a 35% k rate in AA. Expecting him to stick permanently on a major league roster beginning next April just doesn't seem realistic to me, even for a rebuilding club. Odds are you'll be DFAing him in Spring Training or early next year, so why not target a player with a better chance to stick? The returns for Cruz and Chafin indicate you can get decent prospects with ~3 options year left for good rental players.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Rick Hahn implied we'd have resources to make this team better at the deadline when he spoke over the winter. It was also a reason we didn't spend more. He better not punk out now. 

By resources he meant money. That’s not the problem. 

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Rick Hahn implied we'd have resources to make this team better at the deadline when he spoke over the winter. It was also a reason we didn't spend more. He better not punk out now. 

They don’t need a big splash. All they need is a decent 2nd baseman and a good reliever or two. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s not good if Seattle is trading for rentals.  That could make them a legit thread for Escobar.

Seattle is a threat for anything with Jerry Dipoto at the helm. There may not be anyone in baseball that loves trading as much as Jerry. 

20 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

We’re stuck. We don’t have the prospects to land the big rentals but the lower level options might not be a big enough upgrade?

That's why it hurts to see Houston get Graveman, Twins trade Cruz to Rays, Frazier to the Padres ( though I didn't like him). I mean still lots of big names out there but if they aren't coming here and going to teams we have to contend with it's going to be rough to see that happen.  Imagine  Hahn telling us the juice wasn't worth the squeeze when Escobar goes elsewhere or we get only 1 reliever and Asdrubal Cabrera.

Scherzer can go to the Giants or Dodgers. Cubs have a lot of work to do on their guys. Kimbrel is a huge piece that's going to go somewhere. Jays probably make a couple moves, Yankees ,Red Sox too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

23 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

We’re stuck. We don’t have the prospects to land the big rentals but the lower level options might not be a big enough upgrade?

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

^^^^^

This myth needs to die. Just because a deal hasn't happened doesn't mean the Sox don't have the pieces to trade for a good rental. They can easily land Escobar if they want. Notice how nobody else has landed him yet? The asking price is probably too high, and will fall by the deadline. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This myth needs to die. Just because a deal hasn't happened doesn't mean the Sox don't have the pieces to trade for a good rental. They can easily land Escobar if they want. Notice how nobody else has landed him yet? The asking price is probably too high, and will fall by the deadline. 

I'm trying to figure out some dream scenarios like trading Keuchel to the Blue Jays for Semien or their prospect who's killing it this year in A ball  SS Orelvis Martinez while simultaneously getting Scherzer for Sheets and Burger and Kimbrel for Crochet + whoever.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm trying to figure out some dream scenarios like trading Keuchel to the Blue Jays for Semien or their prospect who's killing it this year in A ball  SS Orelvis Martinez while simultaneously getting Scherzer for Sheets and Burger and Kimbrel for Crochet + whoever.

You’re funny brother.

7 hours ago, 2Deep said:

It is crazy how quiet the Sox have been. I'm telling you something BIG is coming.......I have been saying it.

The quieter HAHN and his crew are the more likely for a bomb 💣 

I tend to think this way as well.  However, I'm not usually thought of as a pessimist.