Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

36 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The only even lukewarm rumor involving the Sox is Tepera. He'd be nice to get but I'm started to get worried that the trail on Escobar and other 2B options has gone completely cold.

I get the impression that we are going to get one or two relievers, just from the smoke and information that’s out there. The only real smoke that’s out there right now for 2nd base is Story but none of the big national writers have connected us to him other than Passan so it’s a mystery if we are going to acquire one at the deadline. We really need to prioritize the bullpen though because it will help stretch out Michael Kopech’s innings plus it would be nice to have a setup man for Liam Hendricks. 

Edited by maloney.adam

It's been relatively quiet so far this week, especially considering the number of teams selling and quite a few teams really needing an upgrade or two.  This could be one of those deadlines when many trades happen on Friday.

The Sox have been very quiet.  I'm sure they're working on things, but it's concerning we're not even hearing rumors.

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I hope the Giants get him

Same, Giants are a lowkey fun team. Everything Zaidi has done has been a mystery, but it's mainly just "we are a top organization and shouldn't need to sell to the studs, just use our overwhelming advantages to find talent in every crevice" and it has worked.

That is a long fake quote.

Go Giants! New fav NL team

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

He's certainly annoying to watch, but hard to deny that he has been pretty effective the past few seasons

He's effective, sure.  But he's probably my least favorite pitcher to watch....like ever.