Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Guys in getting worried that the white sox are just sitting on their thumbs 

How many more times will this be repeated in this thread the next 48 hours? I'll take the over on 100. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Garcia was traded for a guy having a nice year in AAA, but didn't really make any top 30 lists before this year. He's also almost 25. 

Considering the success they had with Chas McCormick, still really like Houston's player dev.

Hell, had we traded romy for Yimi Garcia, I may have shed a tear.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

ReyLo has looked kind of decent out of the pen, tbh.  

Right? You don’t want to depend on it though. Ozzie was saying this morning his preference is to get the reliever and leave second base alone if the price is too high, because while the guys there aren’t that good, this team around them is good enough already. Gotta agree with the Oz.

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Right? You don’t want to depend on it though. Ozzie was saying this morning his preference is to get the reliever and leave second base alone if the price is too high, because while the guys there aren’t that good, this team around them is good enough already. Gotta agree with the Oz.

Yeah I mean I’m not saying I would send him out of town immediately if he returned something that improved the club. There is basically no way ReyLo can pitch well enough to avoid an offseason non-tender. But he was in fact looked decent in relief. Touched 98 last night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

There is no excuse not to get another 2B.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah I mean I’m not saying I would send him out of town immediately if he returned something that improved the club. There is basically no way ReyLo can pitch well enough to avoid an offseason non-tender. But he was in fact looked decent in relief. Touched 98 last night. 

It simply fits in with the character of this team, next man up. That’s another thing Ozzie said. Bringing in outsiders could disrupt the chemistry. Sure wouldn’t live to stand pat, but Ill understand.

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

ReyLo has looked kind of decent out of the pen, tbh.  

We know what Reylo is at this point. Maybe hitters getting less looks at him will do him some good, but at the end of the day he's still a guy who has a good fastball, poor command, and will randomly throw meatballs. That's not exactly what you want in a high leverage reliever. 

It simply fits in with the character of this team, next man up. That’s another thing Ozzie said. Bringing in outsiders could disrupt the chemistry. Sure wouldn’t live to stand pat, but Ill understand.

But that is BS too. They have brought plenty in. Worrying you might disrupt chemistry so you don’t improve the team will blow up in your face. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

We know what Reylo is at this point. Maybe hitters getting less looks at him will do him some good, but at the end of the day he's still a guy who has a good fastball, poor command, and will randomly throw meatballs. That's not exactly what you want in a high leverage reliever. 

We will see. He only has to worry about a couple of pitches. There is a long line of busted starters that became really good relievers including the Sox current closer.

If the price is too high, it is understandable, and probably not the thing the team teally needs. Which is a guy to do what Lopez has been doing.

The price isn’t going to be too high. The price is too high to count on Leury and Mendick. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

There are better options on the market than Garcia/Mendick that will not cost as much to acquire. The market prices are just high right now. They are 9 games up so no need to be desperate. Wait until the deadline.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1