Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure why the Cubs would want ReyLo but Tepera is kind of just a guy, so shouldn’t be too much. Just think they’d want someone who is cheaper and isn’t a pretty much slam dunk non tender. 

Yeah, I am fine with Tepera as our #2 RP get.. However, I hope we get someone, more lock down, and with a history of being more lock down.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, I am fine with Tepera as our #2 RP get.. However, I hope we get someone, more lock down, and with a history of being more lock down.

I wouldn’t expect that. There’s one dude that fits that bill that is available and the fit just isn’t there. 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I did. I only see a few people saying rumors are it will happen. One guy said "source" but I'm not seeing anything from a credible source. 

Because the deal is probably not done yet or it’s just a bunch of bs or rumors. None of the national or local writers have picked up on it yet.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Kind of strange. Doubt they traded for a starter but looks like the starting rotation will be shuffled for some reason. 

Skipping Cease's spot.  Maybe a Kopech spot start after acquiring an arm or two?  

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is such a weird flex.  Literally every good team in baseball is making moves to get better, and all you see is them being scared or something. 

It doesn't even make sense if you pay any attention to pro sports.

Hostile! People who care what others post always have something to do.  If I may help, don’t portend evil all the time. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

50 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure why the Cubs would want ReyLo but Tepera is kind of just a guy, so shouldn’t be too much. Just think they’d want someone who is cheaper and isn’t a pretty much slam dunk non tender. 

Not sure what the demand for Tepera is. But 2 years of arbitration left on a lottery ticket with some experience  could he worth considering for the Cubs if the offers are garbage.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

From the discussion yesterday it is now being reported that if the Padres want Gallo, takimg Hosmer is a good start. They will even include a top prospect.

Hosmer now 2/4 with a walk since he was “benched.”

Just broke up Manaea’s no hit bid.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They do and it’s fucking garbage.  Pretty sure they come with mustard on them, which is not the way a slider was intended to be eaten.

Yeah, I remember those in Augusta, late late night.  Another place they had all over the South (besides Waffle House and the ubiquitous Cracker Barrel) was Zaxby’s.  And Varsity in Atlanta.

(All the things you miss when you’re unable to leave China since 2019…that and Dr. Pepper, and gasp, Taco Bell, although there is finally one in Shanghai.)

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Random question, but let’s assume Portillo’s is legit, would he really 👀 a Tepera trade?  Like I’d be cool with it, especially if the price is Lopez, but I don’t think it warrants the “oh fuck” eyeballs.

Pretty obvious it was about that, based on timing of some other tweets out there