Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Random question, but let’s assume Portillo’s is legit, would he really 👀 a Tepera trade?  Like I’d be cool with it, especially if the price is Lopez, but I don’t think it warrants the “oh fuck” eyeballs.

A cow taking a turd warrants eyeballs for these guys.

• Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, I remember those in Augusta, late late night.  Another place they had all over the South (besides Waffle House and the ubiquitous Cracker Barrel) was Zaxby’s.  And Varsity in Atlanta.

(All the things you miss when you’re unable to leave China since 2019…that and Dr. Pepper, and gasp, Taco Bell, although there is finally one in Shanghai.)

Zaxby’s is decent, but have only had it once or twice.  If I’m eating fast food, I’m usually a McDonald’s or Taco Bell guy.  Glad to hear you got one of those in Shanghai.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It would be nice to throw our best against Cleveland to grow that lead

Civale is out until late August and Bieber just started playing catch at home again.  At GRF, facing those three and no Plesac, no excuse not to win 2/3.  Quantrill has been pretty good, and McKenzie just threw a really good game last time out.  He seems to be so inconsistent, a lot like Cease or Lopez but obviously less experienced .

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Random question, but let’s assume Portillo’s is legit, would he really 👀 a Tepera trade?  Like I’d be cool with it, especially if the price is Lopez, but I don’t think it warrants the “oh fuck” eyeballs.

Yeah I agree with fathom. I think the eyeballs are for Tepera. 

25 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Not sure what the demand for Tepera is. But 2 years of arbitration left on a lottery ticket with some experience  could he worth considering for the Cubs if the offers are garbage.

ReyLo would have to do a lot to be worth his $4-5M arb tag next season. He’s pretty much a 100% guaranteed non tender.

2 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀 7 eyeballs from 2...... Mt the refresh button

He’s found many cow turds and reads this thread.

Edited by hi8is

I don't think it's that outlandish.  Here's the positive spin from the Cubs POV:

Not giving up anything other than a 33yo reliever having the best (or flukiest or luckiest) season of his career, who will walk at the end of the season because we're not going to pay him what someone else will after the flukiest or luckiest season of his career.  We're buying low on a guy who at least has some control if we wanted to pay for it (we probably won't), but even if we don't, the low chance of a fun reclamation story and re-signing him at $2-3 million if we feel it's a good gamble (there's this guy Rodon on the other side of town), is worth giving up the 33yo reliever we won't retain who is having the flukiest or luckiest season of his career.

Edit: Not commenting on the reliability...just that it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility for either side.

Edited by BRDSR

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I still don't get the infatuation with Story. I'd rather have Escobar. He could have been had for a Micker Adolfo type of prospect and it looks like we straight up passed on it. 

Yeah, Escobar just seemed like a perfect fit for so many reasons.  That being said, I wouldn’t be upset with Story, just concerned he’ll come at a price many of us will hate.

• Like 1