Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Seriously, are we consider trading 6 years of Jake Burger for 2 months of Trevor Story?  That would be insane. I get the glut of rh hitters, but more talent is more better. Giving guys away is how you abbreviate your window. For me, Burger + Lambert > what Yankees gave up for Gallo.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Seriously, are we consider trading 6 years of Jake Burger for 2 months of Trevor Story?  That would be insane. I get the glut of rh hitters, but more talent is more better. Giving guys away is how you abbreviate your window. For me, Burger + Lambert > what Yankees gave up for Gallo.

Agreed. That would be massive overpayment compared to what the Yankees gavd up for a better player. 

Just now, Timmy U said:

Duran was already in the top 100 mix on Fangraphs and he's taken a major step forward this season.  He's 23, has very good tools, will stick at 2b, and has several years of very good statistical production in the minors. I think he'll be a consensus top 100 guy once lists start being updated again. Josh Smith might stick at SS, might not, but he's also been one of the best hitters in the minors this season. He seems to possess elite power for a middle infielder. Both of those guys are clearly in a tier above Burger or Lambert. If those 2 were enough to get you in the Gallo conversation the Sox would have traded for him themselves.

I wouldn't do Burger straight up for Story but if Colorado is willing to add another piece then I'm definitely interested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

And if we are going to get more better we need more talent.

This is written far too well… let me adjust it for you:

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Get if better then talent more get gooding.

There ya go.

1 minute ago, macsandz said:

Him and several others this week. 

Maybe they know somethings amiss with our trading staff.

( sorry brother - my brain has gone looney in this lead up to Friday )

😆

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Maybe they know somethings amiss with our trading staff.

( sorry brother - my brain has gone looney in this lead up to Friday )

😆

They need to re-evaluate their training staff in the offseason and hold someone accountable because it’s inexcusable how many injuries they have had this season. 

Edited by maloney.adam

7 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

They need to re-evaluate their training staff in the offseason and hold someone accountable because it’s inexcusable how many injuries they have had this season. 

The injuries aren't the reason. The reoccurrance of them is the concern for the medical staff.