Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Would really like to see Hahn come back tomorrow with Kimbrel for nothing major, per the Athletic Boston seems to be the one team in the running.

Not sure why the Dodgers wouldn't be interested.

https://theathletic.com/2738577/2021/07/29/rosenthals-mlb-trade-deadline-news-latest-from-major-league-sources-on-craig-kimbrel-kris-bryant-max-scherzer-more/

The market is flooded with relievers and position players, increasing the challenge for Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer. Kimbrel seems almost certain to go, but the Astros and A’s, once viewed as his principal suitors, might already have made their biggest moves. Red Sox closer Matt Barnes has said he is open to Kimbrel returning.

5 hours ago, Lillian said:

Do your really think that it would take all of those guys and Kimbrel's contract, to acquire him? I don't think so. Not even close, unless the Cubs picked up a good portion of the money.

Agree 100%.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

per the Athletic Boston seems to be the one team in the running.

They've been very quiet and I think it's becoming clearer that they're unwilling to go into luxury tax territory.  I think I read they're like within $1M of reaching the tax.  If they expect the Cubs to pickup his salary, they're going to have their farm raided in a Kimbrel deal.

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah wouldnt be suprised if they are done - we know this ownerships history.

they upgraded the team minimally.

Personally, I blame Tony for this. If he can't convince Jerry to go balls to the wall, it's on him. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1