Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn't you tell me yesterday that the 5 innings Kopech has pitched since coming off the IL were absolutely vital and more important than getting him stretched back out?

Looking back at my posts, you mentioned that if Kopech isn’t ready to start he should be in AAA on a Rehab assignment. Which is silly because he’s arguably the best arm in the pen. I want him starting games in Aug and Sep because I think he has the upside to be one of the best SP in the game in 22 and beyond. But I sure as shit am Not wasting his arm in AAA when we aren’t even getting service time benefits. Let him get stretched out while pitching to a 1.50 Era in the big leagues. 

Again, not sure what any of this has to do with an 8.5 game lead and the Sox having the luxury to wait for prices to drop. 

6 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

And the Yankees are far from having a endless pipeline of talent.  

Throughout the years they have been. Truth is the often trade their high prospects, but they know more are coming. Not sure the White Sox are in that boat, like at all. The way not to build to that is to dump from a limited supply for rentals

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Most likely to be dealt list for me is something like...

Burger

Sheets

ReyLo

Lambert

Stiever

Foster

Adolfo

Obviously they don't all go, but I think that is the bucket the Sox are hoping to deal from.

Any of that besides Burger. Premium position upside  prospect   is worth more than for a 2 month rental. Thinking perhaps some of those names combined with one of our relievers previously mentioned should be the most we should do. We are good enough to hang tough . Id go Reylo, a reliever, Adolfo, Lambert. If Sheets gets involved then you might keep Lambert. But then, the the deql becomes more worthwhile.

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Most likely to be dealt list for me is something like...

Burger

Sheets

ReyLo

Lambert

Stiever

Foster

Adolfo

Obviously they don't all go, but I think that is the bucket the Sox are hoping to deal from.

I think McClure is big “RH MRP” bait

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Looking back at my posts, you mentioned that if Kopech isn’t ready to start he should be in AAA on a Rehab assignment. Which is silly because he’s arguably the best arm in the pen. I want him starting games in Aug and Sep because I think he has the upside to be one of the best SP in the game in 22 and beyond. But I sure as shit am Not wasting his arm in AAA when we aren’t even getting service time benefits. Let him get stretched out while pitching to a 1.50 Era in the big leagues. 

Again, not sure what any of this has to do with an 8.5 game lead and the Sox having the luxury to wait for prices to drop. 

The White Sox have an 8.5 game lead. They could do without Kopech for a few games to have him do some longer outings at Charlotte. He’s not getting stretched out doing 5 innings in 20 days.

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Do you guys prefer Frazier or Escobar given the choice? Big time power vs average and OBP. Also considering Frazier's BABIP is 60 points above his career normal. Escobar is a proven commodity at this point. 

When factoring in expected cost, I’d 100% go with Escobar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Do you guys prefer Frazier or Escobar given the choice? Big time power vs average and OBP. Also considering Frazier's BABIP is 60 points above his career normal. Escobar is a proven commodity at this point. 

Escobar easy. Just need the 2nd baseman for the rest of the year. Backs up 3rd, costs way less.

You can see the last few days or longer what the HR 's provide. Escobar hit a triple and HR yesterday . Just missed the 2nd HR on the triple high off the CF wall.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Escobar easy. Just need the 2nd baseman for the rest of the year. Backs up 3rd, costs way less.

You can see the last few days or longer what the HR 's provide. Escobar hit a triple and HR yesterday . Just missed the 2nd HR on the triple high off the CF wall.

Escobar would also be an excellent reserve infielder next year if willing to sign up for such a role.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Rodriguez, no. Ramos, no. Burger, no.  Kanny kids, no. Kopech, no. Crochet, no. Cespedes, no. Sanchez, no. Kath, no. Montgomery, no. Sheets is only possible because he’s only a first baseman. Even then I shudder.

Lol and people wonder why the trade threads are so long. Because parting with prospects might as well be considered blasphemy on here. 

It's eerily quiet on the trade front.  I think a lot of teams are waiting to get closer to the deadline when some prices may drop.  This could be one of those deadlines when a massive flurry of trades happen on the last day.

15 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

It's eerily quiet on the trade front.  I think a lot of teams are waiting to get closer to the deadline when some prices may drop.  This could be one of those deadlines when a massive flurry of trades happen on the last day.

It’s a game of cat and mouse. Read the article below that I posted on here yesterday.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/samson-why-mlb-trade-deadline-deals-happen-late-and-what-goes-into-decisions/

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Escobar would also be an excellent reserve infielder next year if willing to sign up for such a role.

His bat is too valuable to have him sitting on the bench. Moreover, as you suggest, whether he would even be willing to accept such a role is questionable. He will be a free agent and his contract would not be nearly as lucrative, if it were based upon his being a reserve infielder. That is, of course, unless he were a primary DH, which he would not be on the Sox.

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

His bat is too valuable to have him sitting on the bench. Moreover, as you suggest, whether he would even be willing to accept such a role is questionable. He will be a free agent and his contract would not be nearly as lucrative, if it were based upon his being a reserve infielder. That is, of course, unless he were a primary DH, which he would not be on the Sox.

He is older so his next contract won't be too huge. He could take over the Leury role, assuming Leury moves on,  which gets him pretty regular playing time. He loved playing for the White Sox previously, and wept when he was traded for Liriano.

Either way, his price isn't going to be a high one to bring him in, even if he walks after the season. It's a no brainer, unless they can bring in someone better than isn't going to ravage the systtem.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Next year the following middle infielders are free agents:

semien

story

seager

crawford

correa

baez

a. simmons

c taylor

schoop 

miller

iglesias

gonzalez

lowrie

galvis

adrianza

Some of these guys already had to wait until march for deals this year. This is a good time to need a MI, next year the sox do not, as is the case with many teams.

3 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Kelley & Burger (or Sheets) for Kimbrel. 

Who says no?

Hopefully the Sox.  That's a lot of pay for a 34 YO reliever on a market rate (at best) deal.  Guy makes more than Liam on an AAV basis.   

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1