Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

38 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Escobar or Baez are free agents next year. Both I don’t think will cost a whole lot. 

I would think so to. However, since there has been no movement with any of the option, it may be a greater cost than we think.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Caulfield is so much better when he is not a Royals fan. I fear a Hosmer trade back to KC. He will probably break out a KC hat again. I'm sure he was wearing it  around China back in the halcyon days. 

KC makes some out of the box moves but I don't see them being in on Hosmer.  Pratto is going to be a dude and will likely be called up this year and they have Santana for another year. Acquiring Hosmer would create a logjam at 1B/DH.  

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Its not really that interesting. None of those prospects except maybe Abrams are worth paying 75-80 million. They'd have to include more or add money themselves

All depends on the price. thats the interesting part.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure seems we’re going to get an Engel/Goodwin platoon in RF come the postseason.

I would think that or Engel/Sheets/Garcia was a given. If they do anything for a position player it would be 2B. 

Lol the Sox have nowhere to even play Hosmer. I don’t care who they’re tacking on. Unless they’re eating 80%+ or his deal, it’s a complete no starter. We need good players, not bad players making a shit ton of money.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol the Sox have nowhere to even play Hosmer. I don’t care who they’re tacking on. Unless they’re eating 80%+ or his deal, it’s a complete no starter. We need good players, not bad players making a shit ton of money.

Yeah, contending teams don’t absorb a player like Hosmer for prospects, just doesn’t make any sense.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

It's a half-life play.

Trade for hosmer at 80% of his salary to get X prospect (to trade elsewhere).

Trade Hosmer at 50% of his 80% paid salary to team next year.

Eventually you get enough teams subsidizing him that he becomes worth it. By 2025 you have 10 teams paying 95% of his salary to be a 2 WAR resurgent player on Billy Beane's Las Vegas As

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It's a half-life play.

Trade for hosmer at 80% of his salary to get X prospect (to trade elsewhere).

Trade Hosmer at 50% of his 80% paid salary to team next year.

Eventually you get enough teams subsidizing him that he becomes worth it. By 2025 you have 10 teams paying 95% of his salary to be a 2 WAR resurgent player on Billy Beane's Las Vegas As

I like this because Eric Hosmer is essentially radioactive waste in this comparison.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I like this because Eric Hosmer is essentially radioactive waste in this comparison.

100%. It was once really useful, but then it becomes a pain to get rid of as every locale throws a stink about radioactive waste disposal until you sweeten the deal enough that you move around to the best deal over and over. But you were once a source of energy, powering caulfields tortured keyboard to keep going for one more name.

1 minute ago, kwill said:

Is anybody else just good with adding Escobar and a middle reliever? To me give me that and Ill roll with this roster against anybody. 

To me, that is the expectation. Anything less than a 2b and bullpen help and it’ll be another F grade trade deadline. 

i want more