Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

My guesses on the deadline deals because I am bored: 

Ryan Tepera for Reynaldo Lopez and Konnor Pilkington

Josh Harrison, Daniel Hudson and Kyle Schwarber for Jimmy Lambert, Micker Adolfo, Jose Rodriguez and Yermin Mercedes  

He had some info on the whole Yermin episode, so he has a source somewhere. But he also said this isn't a scoop, just a hunch. 

I'm extremely hesitant to think they have real interest in Baez given he's got a foot injury right now. With the Sox apparently very focused on medicals, you'd think that would put him out of consideration. 

Edited by chw42

Escobar has slashed .247/.324/.525 with 7 Hrs with 21 Rbis and 10BB/21Ks in 101 ABs since his "injury". If that is alarming from a health sense...how are they okay with any of their injured players returning ahead of schedule? 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Escobar has slashed .247/.324/.525 with 7 Hrs with 21 Rbis and 10BB/21Ks in 101 ABs. If that is alarming for a health sense...how are they okay with any of their injured players returning ahead of schedule? 

I wonder if he didn't get a covid vaccine? Maybe that's what they're harping on. 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm moving Moncada to 2B if I get Kris Bryant.  It's that simple.   Sorry Yoan, you make room for a former MVP. 

Sox aren't moving Moncada for anyone, especially not a dude controlled for 2 months. 

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Escobar has slashed .247/.324/.525 with 7 Hrs with 21 Rbis and 10BB/21Ks in 101 ABs since his "injury". If that is alarming from a health sense...how are they okay with any of their injured players returning ahead of schedule? 

Looks like JR is taking a page out of the Orioles handbook. Ingrown toenail? Pass.

Edited by Dick Allen

I'm moving Moncada to 2B if I get Kris Bryant.  It's that simple.   Sorry Yoan, you make room for a former MVP. 

That's the great thing about KB, so much flexiblity. I'd just stick him at RF most of the time

Unless he signs an extension, Bryant would not be playing 3rd for sure. You don't bump your long term guys for rentals.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Bryant wasn't an mvp because of his outstanding defense at 3rd, no need to move Yoan when Bryant can play multiple positions

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I wonder if he didn't get a covid vaccine? Maybe that's what they're harping on. 

interesting thought. this team does seem to have been very proactive on the vaccine front, where the Cubs are one of the worst. I still to this day...do not understand how any athlete has not gotten a simple shot that will potentially protect their millions in earning potential. 

Just now, turnin' two said:

Doesn't Bryant move around because he is acceptable defensively all over but not really good anywhere?  Why move a really good for a 3B for a mediocre one?

Easy answer: you don't.  These moving Moncada around ideas that get thrown here everyday sound great in a video game to patch holes.  They don't work in reality.  

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

If they stand part they are going to be absolutely obliterated on social media and probably nationally too. 

They don't care about that. They were obliterated with Tony's DUI. And still went on with day to day business as usual 

• Love 1