Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Just now, turnin' two said:

Doesn't Bryant move around because he is acceptable defensively all over but not really good anywhere?  Why move a really good for a 3B for a mediocre one?

Because I'm trying to put the best possible lineup out there, and that would be any lineup that doesn't include a Garcia or Mendick. 

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

They don't care about that. They were obliterated with Tony's DUI. And still went on with day to day business as usual 

They absolutely do care. See the Manny Machado reaction. 

14 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Escobar has slashed .247/.324/.525 with 7 Hrs with 21 Rbis and 10BB/21Ks in 101 ABs since his "injury". If that is alarming from a health sense...how are they okay with any of their injured players returning ahead of schedule? 

Such a nice way of saying"It's a bunch of bullshit." So the Brewers missed something ? What about Story ? Anyone think he's healthy when his throwing speed is down and his barrel % is at the lowest of his career ?

If very little goes on it's because the money's already been spent on Lance Lynn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm going bold and saying we land Kimbrel.

I'd be terrified to see what that would cost and how much it would handcuff any offseason moves since the dude makes a boatload of $. Until I see it, I just won't project a payroll north of $130M for this club.  Paying 2 relievers $30M just seems like a bad way to enter next season.  Kimbrel is good....but paying him that, plus trading a couple nice prospects for him (god forbid someone like Crochet).  I wouldn't be a fan even though I know it makes the team better in 21. 

Edited by ChiSox59

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's very astute of you Ron ! Guess that would eliminate some Nats  since they had 8 staff members and 4 players effected in their recent outbreak.

It's getting to the point that vaccinated players are testing positive though. That's what happened to Yelich. So you can't just say the outbreak was due to non-vaccinated players.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I just don't think Baez is a good fit with us. And he doesn't want to move over to 2nd. Idk. Maybe just me.

He doesn't want to move to 2B long term is comment you're referencing. I.e., he wouldn't sign somewhere that wants to play him at 2B. 

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's getting to the point that vaccinated players are testing positive though. That's what happened to Yelich. So you can't just say the outbreak was due to non-vaccinated players.

Still the point remains that if all but one were vaccinated some players have it again and the new strain could be a very real threat  to the health of players .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

47 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He had some info on the whole Yermin episode, so he has a source somewhere. But he also said this isn't a scoop, just a hunch. 

I'm extremely hesitant to think they have real interest in Baez given he's got a foot injury right now. With the Sox apparently very focused on medicals, you'd think that would put him out of consideration. 

That dude can kick rocks. He has connections through 670 The Score and made a video claiming Machado would be signing with us. He is dead to me.

24 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

He would be a similar acquisition to Escobar; Switch hitting second baseman. A little younger, late bloomer in respect to power. He's a better defender than Escobar. The 18 homers are appealing, but his power is actually better vs. LHP. Leury is actually having a better year, except for the power. He would do, as a rental, stop gap, for the rest of this year. It frees up Leury to be the bench guy, and Mendick is the obvious man out. One advantage over Escobar is that he knows the AL and our division. He appears to have sold out his career AVG and OBP, in order to produce more power, this year.

I think the next and most significant add will be a really good RH relief pitcher. Hernandez shouldn't be costing much, leaving more prospect capital for the important bullpen acquisition.

Edited by Lillian