Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Righties with good control and a FB/SL combo? I know you're just letting us know you would've known the deal before it was public but how is Pilkington the kind of pitcher Cleveland likes?

They seem to like guys with control over guys with overwhelming stuff if you are getting a pitcher who can be taught other things who might have some upside with the FB and secondary pitches. Plus outside of that it wouldn't take a genius to think that if you had to choose among some of our guys like Stiever and Lambert who the Sox might not have given up that Pilkington was having a good year and that seems to be a deciding factor in the prospects that are getting traded now. Of course I know you are just asking me this so you can shoot me down .

Let me then ask you this ? Why is it such a big secret for you to say who the Sox were targeting in a Samardzija trade. It happened 6 years ago. What's the big deal there ?

48 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The guys Cleveland have had success with are either super athletes (Bieber, Plesac, Civale, Mckenzie) or have hellacious shit (Karnachak, Clase) and Pilkington is neither of those. His ceiling is a cheap back of the rotation guy on a rebuilding team. He has no future with the Sox.

And that was my point. 

We'll see if the Indians continue to produce pitchers as they have. A lot of injuries and performance fading since the substance ban. 

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I was thinking the same when I saw Merk's tweets. Hoping they add another pen piece but wouldn't be surprised if they are done.

Another guy would be a luxury and insurance for Tepera turning into a pumpkin.