Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

7 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah wouldnt be suprised if they are done - we know this ownerships history.

they upgraded the team minimally.

WHAT TRADE DO YOU WANT?

You think the Cubs will just give us KB?

Hell Rizzo got them a FV 50 and a FV 45. Who would you trade? Lets here it

11 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

WHAT TRADE DO YOU WANT?

Maybe another bullpen arm. I don't think that is asking to much.  Plenty Available. 

Edited by Sox80
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Maybe another bullpen arm. I don't think that is asking to much.  Plenty Available. 

Paul Fry at the very least. I wouldn't mind moving Engel back to a platoon in right or a 4th Ofer. I'm not all too comfortable starting Engel, Goodwin, Billy, or Sheets offensively in the playoffs. 

25 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

WHAT TRADE DO YOU WANT?

We need another reliever or bat - id trade burger for a rental.  I dont see a place for him on this team in the future.

• Haha 2

I suspect that T.L.R. still wants another really good reliever. He has always wanted to "own" the last three innings. With all of the position players returning and Hernandez to fill the hole at second, I think he is more worried about the pen. If the Sox could somehow acquire Kimbrel, I think La Russa would be very confident of the Sox chances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

NSC saying the Sox could get Bryant or Kimbrel, but only in answering someone’s hopeful tweet.  The Sox could certainly afford either, especially Bryant.  But I just don’t see them pulling either off.

I’m thinking one more bullpen move is more likely than anything else, but a minor move.

Just now, hogan873 said:

NSC saying the Sox could get Bryant or Kimbrel, but only in answering someone’s hopeful tweet.  The Sox could certainly afford either, especially Bryant.  But I just don’t see them pulling either off.

I’m thinking one more bullpen move is more likely than anything else, but a minor move.

I think the Giants or Mets pay up for Bryant after the Padres end up with Berrios. 

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

Would you guys have traded Cease/Burger/plus for Scherzer/Turner?

1000%. Cease and Burger doesn't get you anywhere near the package that the Nationals got, even if that was light. 

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

Cease & Madrigal for both? That would be tougher to swallow imo 

That would be the starting point, you'd probably have to add more. The issue is that both Cease and Madrigal had their service clocks started and the Nationals would be losing out on 3 years of control on them (plus the fact that Madrigal completely tore his hamstring). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

I would have traded Cease, Madrigal, Burger, Thompson, Collins, and Adolfo for Turner and Scherzer. You can always extend TT and even Scherzer

I doubt Turner would want to play here for longer than his current contract since he won't be able to play SS with TA here. 

1 hour ago, CeaseAndExist said:

We really do have some of the worst fans in all of sports, jesus.

Come to that conclusion based on the minute percentage of Sox fans that post on an internet forum?

Turns out we may have the dumbest fan in all of sports, too.