7/1 Games

BamaDoc

2 hours ago, bmags said:

TiQuan Forbes man, hitting .300 with an .815 OPS after a homer. Not sure he has enough power for the corners, but this is impressive.

They've been playing him at 2B the last 5 games. Will be interesting to see if he can stick there. I would love to see how his numbers would look in AAA. I can see him being a trade piece for a guy like Escobar or a reliever. 

We got him straight up for Miguel Gonzalez a few years ago. He's definitely boosted his value since then. If he can stick at 2nd, that would be even better. I believe he will require a 40-man spot next year, though. 

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whenever they move Cespedes up to AA, they should do the same for Yogurt.  He’s 24 years old and has hit decent enough for a glove first guy to make the move.

Isn't Yogurt's ceiling a utility guy? So weird how expensive he was, wouldn't be against moving him if necessary

45 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Isn't Yogurt's ceiling a utility guy? So weird how expensive he was, wouldn't be against moving him if necessary

I haven’t seen him play, but the reports I read suggested he’s a strong up-the-middle defender with questionable offensive abilities so I’d say yes.  It sounds like he has some decent physical tools, so maybe there is chance he develops into more?  Again, being 24 in Low A doesn’t make me overly optimistic and there were some rumors that he showed up to camp out of shape (not sure if those were true or not).  Regardless, at some point we need to get aggressive with him.

35 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s exactly what was said originally about Alexei Ramirez, Escobar and Semien, too.

I don't recall anyone talking about Semien as a utility guy, as much as a guy who couldn't field to save his life.  Granted there were plenty of people who talked about moving him around because of that.

The bull case for Sanchez is he’s offensively gotten better as he’s moved up. But him showing up fat and out of shape to ST really made me dislike him. But need to be open minded on how last year effected different people.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

The bull case for Sanchez is he’s offensively gotten better as he’s moved up. But him showing up fat and out of shape to ST really made me dislike him. But need to be open minded on how last year effected different people.

I didn't hear about that. Do you remember where you read that by chance? re: Sanchez being fat.

Harvin Mendoza handling Kanny after struggling at Winston Salem to start the year. Hitting .297/.387/.440/.826 with 18/13 K/BB and a .338 BABIP in 106 PAs in Kanny.

Mendoza went .107/.298/.234 in 57 PA's with W-S. Walked 14% of the time with a 15.8% K rate. BABIP was only .184. He's 22 and no one of substance is blocking him at W-S. Probably time for another go around. 

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

I didn't hear about that. Do you remember where you read that by chance? re: Sanchez being fat.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, bmags said:

So we knew the top 10, 11-30 came out.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/?year=2021&type=P#9766

Interesting names: Bailey horn at 24, Zack Collins at 27

And my favorite is just this scouting report dunking on Yolbert Sanchez, then realizing he's ranked higher than Collins lol:

SCOUTING REPORT: Sanchez reported to instructional league in Arizona and looked particularly rusty. Internal and external evaluators saw a player who'd gotten thicker during the shutdown, lacked an approach at the plate and showed a willingness to chase. Scouts also saw a player who will not be able to stick at shortstop because of below-average speed and fringy arm strength. The White Sox are optimistic he'll be able to regain some of what they saw when they signed him once he gets more consistent reps.