All-time Soxtalk Whipping Boy

ron883

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Javy was worth 4.7, 4.8 and 4.8 fWAR in his 3 seasons with the White Sox. It's crazy to see that. I remember him as the ultimate choke artist. 

As Hawk always said, the pitcher with the best stuff who was nevertheless always around .500ish or below for his career…regardless of where he played.

3 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Any Sox player over the last twenty years making his debut that goes 0 for can’t hit and should be flipping burgers 

Nobody has said this after the debut game of a Sox player.

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Greg Walker going away. Bad hitters were his fault. Good hitters, nothing to do with him

I am reading a book about hitting coaches, and it was written that Walker was open to new ideas and really cared about his players. It was too bad his career was cut short. He had one beautiful swing and should've been a real hitting star.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

By popular demand, let's discuss the all-time Soxtalk whipping boy. There were some good nominations in the gamethread. Recent whipping boys include Cease, Collins and Madrigal. Let's hear your choices. 

Mine was alejandro de aza. Dumbest player ever

56 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

He was officially renamed Adam Done

This has to be the correct answer. To be fair, his 2011 season was historically bad. It was so bad that I didn't even remember that he hit 41 and 34 HR the following two seasons. All I remember is that 2011 season and how bad he was.