Moncada to miss weekend series vs. DET

caulfield12

According to TLR’s post-game, per Connor McKnight…

Expected back early next week, think there’s an off day built in there as well.   Swelling, soreness.   Should be ready at Minn.

Tigers, by the way, 28-23 in their last 51.

Might be Leury or Mendick at third.  Vaughn only on an emergency basis.  Garcia dealing with a sore shoulder.  Hahn and Haber discussing options.

Edited by caulfield12

19 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

They can just send down a reliever for him. This is perfect.

Well, they can choose between Burdi and Marshall.   Although it wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world to build up Foster or Ruiz to 2-3 inning stints as spot starters in Charlotte.

• Haha 1

I'm going to the game in Detroit on Saturday. I would really like there to not be any more fucking injuries because this happens every time I'm about to go to a game. Please and thank you.

Would love to see a competent team fielded in person. Also would love to see Burger make his debut.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Just put him on the IL and let him get fully healthy

I'm kinda curious to see how Burger looks at 3B for a week at MLB game speed.  Just IL Moncada on the 10 day and hope the pitching shuts down Detroit and the offense doesn't miss Moncada.  Or hell, maybe Jake will rake, that seems to the be theme this year with the next man up stuff.  If you had told me Goodwin and Hamilton and Sheets would be key contributes in a sweep of Minny on July 1st back in April I'd have wondered if the sweep was to get back to .500, not back to .600 baseball and a solid 4.5 game division lead.