With everyone healthy what is your lineup for game 1 of the playoffs?

brijames1957

1. T. Anderson SS

2. Y. Moncada 3B

3. E. Jimenez DH

4. J. Abreu 1B

5. L. Robert CF

6. A. Vaughn LF

7. Y. Grandal C

8. A. Engel RF

9. D. Mendick 2B

SP L.Lynn

So looking at this lineup the one spot I would like to see upgraded is 2B. I'm ok with Engel in RF because defense is so important in the playoffs. There are enough bats in that lineup. You add a Frazier or an Escobar in the 2B spot in that lineup and you have a team that has a legit shot at getting to the WS. 

Edited by brijames1957
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Almost impossible to answer this question without seeing who they add before the deadline.

It's almost a circular argument for me. I don't want to give up too much for a 3 month rental at 2B *unless* they are fully healthy and viable for the WS. Unfortunately we ain't know that until after the trading deadline.

• Like 3

IF our team is 100% healthy, IF we add no one else, & IF we’re facing a righty:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Robert, CF
  7. Collins, DH*
  8. Eaton, RF*
  9. Mendick, 2B

That being said, we 100% need to add a 2B as Mendick isn’t going to cut it offensively.  And we almost certainly need to add an OF as expecting April Adam Eaton would be incredibly foolish.

47 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

What if game 1 is NL hosted? Without the DH does Eloy take an outfield spot over Engel?

I think the question is for the first round, but on that topic, is that stupid All Star game rule still in effect for the World Series?

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

1. T. Anderson SS

2. Y. Moncada 3B

3. E. Jimenez DH

4. J. Abreu 1B

5. L. Robert CF

6. A. Vaughn LF

7. Y. Grandal C

8. A. Engel RF

9. D. Mendick 2B

SP L.Lynn

So looking at this lineup the one spot I would like to see upgraded is 2B. I'm ok with Engel in RF because defense is so important in the playoffs. There are enough bats in that lineup. You add a Frazier or an Escobar in the 2B spot in that lineup and you have a team that has a legit shot at getting to the WS. 

1-7 is probably how I would line them up w/o know what sort of upgrades are incoming.  Hope we have better options at 2B and RF come October.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Almost impossible to answer this question without seeing who they add before the deadline.

Also will be very dependent on whether they are facing a LH or RH pitcher imo.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

IF our team is 100% healthy, IF we add no one else, & IF we’re facing a righty:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Robert, CF
  7. Collins, DH*
  8. Eaton, RF*
  9. Mendick, 2B

That being said, we 100% need to add a 2B as Mendick isn’t going to cut it offensively.  And we almost certainly need to add an OF as expecting April Adam Eaton would be incredibly foolish.

I honestly think Eaton has lost his job. If everyone is healthy there are 8 outfielders I would rather have than him. Sheets may be a reach at this point, but Adam Eaton is useless. 

Edited by mqr

Why I project Tony to do.

Game 1 (Giolito) & 3 (Rodon)

RHP / LHP

1. SS TA / SS TA
  2. 3B YM / 3B YM
  3. 1B JA / 1B JA
  4. LF EJ / DH EJ
  5. DH YG / CF LR
  6. CF LR / LF AV
  7. RF Eaton / C ZC
  8. ZC / RF Engel
  9. 2B LG / 2B LG

Game 2 (Lynn) & 4 (Cease)

RHP / LHP

1. SS TA / SS TA
  2. 3B YM / 3B YM
  3. 1B JA / 1B JA
  4. DH EJ / DH EJ
  5. YG / YG
  6. CF LR / CF LR
  7. RF Eaton / LF AV
  8. LV AV / RF AE
  9. 2B LG / 2B LG

9 hours ago, mqr said:

I honestly think Eaton has lost his job. If everyone is healthy there are 8 outfielders I would rather have than him. Sheets may be a reach at this point, but Adam Eaton is useless. 

100% healthy Adam Eaton was actually quite valuable in April, the problem is we’re not going to get that guy.  That being said, who are the eight outfielders you are referring to?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

100% healthy Adam Eaton was actually quite valuable in April, the problem is we’re not going to get that guy.  That being said, who are the eight outfielders you are referring to?

And he has playoff (World Series) experience. If he’s 100% healthy, I like him as our RF, especially if a righty is on the mound. 

• Like 1