Burger called up

Burger has to be one of the more impressive stories I've seen in my baseball viewing life.

Burger hadn't played a professional game, before this year, since 2017. 2017!!!

He was coming back from an injury that just 15-20 years ago was a career ender, and he suffered the injury twice! No one comes back twice.

This year he hasn't just been good, he's been unbelievable in AAA. He even started a little slowly - likely due to the time off - but he now has a wRC+ of 150 through 185 PA's. He's been arguably the best hitter in AAA for the past month+, and he's done it with power and a reasonable k-rate. HIs bb rate could use a little growth, but he somehow found a way to turn the hitch in his swing into a load-timing mechanism that gets his hands to the zone quicker and keeps them in the zone longer - a pretty wild adjustment.

For someone with as little experience as he has had over the past few years, his growth is amazing. You got to wonder where Burger would be developmentally if not for the injuries. I don't know if he'll succeed in the big leagues, but the performance he has had this year is nothing short of remarkable. Pretty crazy for a guy that was retiring because he attended a Bears v Packers game and posted those pictures to instagram.... lol

• Like 3
  • Fire 5

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t think you can trade Burger unless it’s for a controllable piece.  Each & every day he produces, the more his prospect value increases.

I'd trade him for Gallo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

We don't have enough depth to trade Burger away IMO

Burger is actually one of the guys we would miss the least out of the system.  He has guys in front of him literally everywhere he can play, and everywhere you might be able to play him.  His timeline being pushed up as much as he has is also a problem.  Sure you can say he will hit somewhere, and he will be a professional major league hitter, but you aren't going to bench the guys in front him either.  Move him and rebalance the team a bit better.

I think the more important thing to note here, is that we will have both Jace FRY and Jake BURGER on the team.

In addition to Hamilton and Burr.

Remember a couple years ago when they had all 3 outfielders with the last names Garcia?

This organization is effing weird lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Burger has to be one of the more impressive stories I've seen in my baseball viewing life.

He was coming back from an injury that just 15-20 years ago was a career ender, and he suffered the injury twice! No one comes back twice.

This year he hasn't just been good, he's been unbelievable in AAA. He even started a little slowly - likely due to the time off - but he now has a wRC+ of 150 through 185 PA's. He's been arguably the best hitter in AAA for the past month+, and he's done it with power and a reasonable k-rate. HIs bb rate could use a little growth, but he somehow found a way to turn the hitch in his swing into a load-timing mechanism that gets his hands to the zone quicker and keeps them in the zone longer - a pretty wild adjustment.

For someone with as little experience as he has had over the past few years, his growth is amazing. You got to wonder where Burger would be developmentally if not for the injuries. I don't know if he'll succeed in the big leagues, but the performance he has had this year is nothing short of remarkable. Pretty crazy for a guy that was retiring because he attended a Bears v Packers game and posted those pictures to instagram.... lol

He was a very polished hitter in college and I actually really liked the pick at the time....but I had long ago written off that I was wrong.  Add to that they I am still upset that they traded Steele Walker lets you know I that I know little to nothing about scouting, etc.  Not that it stops me from posting that opinion. :cool:

I agree that Burger getting called up this year is an incredible story.  Good luck to him.  If he and Sheets can help this year....what a turnaround for that 2017 draft.

46 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think injuries and everything was a wake up call.  He was on a fast track in 2017 so he may not have made the physical adjustments had the world not had other plans. 

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record that means we have gotten every first round pick to the majors, with the White Sox, going back to Keon Barnum, if you count him, or Courtney Hawkins in 2012 as a true 1st round pick.

This should be a decent collection of WAR in the years to come.

image.png

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record that means we have gotten every first round pick to the majors, with the White Sox, going back to Keon Barnum, if you count him, or Courtney Hawkins in 2012 as a true 1st round pick.

Maybe their plan isn't as awful as many would believe....I included.

Edited by Harry Chappas

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

Y'all remember that "where is Jake Burger" thread that was pretty fucking awful?

He's on his way to the big leagues.

I think that he was a whisker away from retiring and also that something was found within him when he was on his walkabout.  He was down, he was almost out, but he bounced back.

• Haha 1