Burger called up

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think that he was a whisker away from retiring and also that something was found within him when he was on his walkabout.  He was down, he was almost out, but he bounced back.

It would be easier for you to say "I was wrong and made many absurd comments about the personal life and mindset of Jake Burger" but instead you doubled down like the champ you are!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 4

On 6/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

it's his achilles and he's now ruptured it twice.  It's worse than an ACL, way worse.  

his heel problem is without a single doubt in my mind related to the achilles.  when the body has to recover from an injury that bad it tends to get out of whack and put pressure on other areas that before were fine.  he will continue to have a series of injuries coming back, even if his achilles holds up.

that scouting video of him at 3B was widely viewed when he was drafted and was discussed largely at that time.  the Sox were obviously drafting for need which was stupid.  Burger was a reach.  A reach to say at 3B and a reach at #7.

as I said the day he re-tore I doubt he ever plays a single MLB game.  In fact I doubt he even gets above AA.  I bet in 5 years he's out of baseball.

Jake's twitter is the opposite of Kopech's.  Not much about working hard or inspirational quotes or focusing on baseball.  That's fine, but as a fan I wonder if a guy that got a 3.5 million dollar bonus and has endured two years worth of rehab  has lost the fire.

Let's all have a nice chuckle before our Holiday weekend!

Guys twitter didn't have inspirational internet quotes lol so he must not have been working hard. Social media has destroyed all rational thought.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 5

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Lost in the whole he hasn't played professionally since 2017 is that he had only played in 51(!!!) games by 2017. 

yup, he was at least a pretty polished hitter in college though so he did have that going for him, but pretty wild. Hard to work on your swing as much without your legs being available to you for a while too.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It really is a great story.

Jake obviously deserves the lions share of credit, but kudos to the Sox for A. sticking with him and B. believing in him to the point that they threw him in the deep end and let him sink or swim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Jake obviously deserves the lions share of credit, but kudos to the Sox for A. sticking with him and B. believing in him to the point that they threw him in the deep end and let him sink or swim. 

The Sox could have pretty easily started him at Winston Salem or Birmingham and no one would have wondered why.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t think you can trade Burger unless it’s for a controllable piece.  Each & every day he produces, the more his prospect value increases.

Agreed! His upside is too great. With all our injuries thus far and his potential, it would be stupid to trade him away for a short term rental. 

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I think the more important thing to note here, is that we will have both Jace FRY and Jake BURGER on the team.

In addition to Hamilton and Burr.

Remember a couple years ago when they had all 3 outfielders with the last names Garcia?

This organization is effing weird lol

We should trade for Seth Beer. (Whatever happened to him?).

7 minutes ago, Capital G said:

We should trade for Seth Beer. (Whatever happened to him?).

I looked him up a few minuets ago - he's in AAA and in general has been hitting pretty well in the minors.  I presume he's going to get a chance at some point in the next year.  

One other item - but hopefully Yermin is playing a ton in the field and figuring out a way to diversify his game a bit. Even the ability to play 1st decently / be emergency catcher would help increase his odds in the long run.  

• Like 2