TRADE WINDS IS BACK!!!

southsider2k5

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Reminder - the year the Sox last won the series, I think the only move they made was Geoff Blum (maybe I'm forgetting something).  

That 2005 team had a pretty unreal run of health though, which is the exact opposite of this one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That 2005 team had a pretty unreal run of health though, which is the exact opposite of this one.

The most important part at this point though is - being healthy at the right time.  If things work out, this team could have an August/September in full force - which would be massive heading into October.  But you are right - in general - Championship teams need some luck on their side, especially in baseball.  I've always said Basketball is the sport with the highest outcome where the best team actually wins.  

• Like 2

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

The most important part at this point though is - being healthy at the right time.  If things work out, this team could have an August/September in full force - which would be massive heading into October.  But you are right - in general - Championship teams need some luck on their side, especially in baseball.  I've always said Basketball is the sport with the highest outcome where the best team actually wins.  

In 2021, it could even be as simple as just being healthier than the rest of the field.  This year is BRUTAL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, runtheballdown said:

The Sox could probably win 90 games on the mlb level with their Charlotte position players and their mlb staff. If they start losing pitchers they better have all their injured position players back.

Imagine the reaction if you said this in January

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Imagine the reaction if you said this in January

If you had said in January that on the 4th of July weekend that we would be cheering for Andrew Vaughn, Jake Burger, Danny Mendick, Gavin Sheets, and Brian Goodwin as starters, and hoping to get back Leury Garcia and Adam Engel as healthy starters, I would have been asking how close we were to the #1 pick.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic