Burger Called Up, Eaton Activated, Burdi/Yermin Optioned

DirtySox

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Lol, what the hell even is this?

That is some weird shit to be saying if he said it ? I mean why would Hector Gomez be the 1st to quote this when we have Chicago writers all the time around TLR and Gomez is in the DR ?

Edit: Thank you Rabbit. Gomez was reading a satire of TLR and took it to be real. This is the kind of shit that happens when there's too much TLR hate.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I was just gonna say the same thing.  The LaRoche drop makes me think typo or he meant Eaton, but if he meant LaRoche oh boy...

Yeah referring to LaRoche made it unbelievable.  Maybe Molina or Pujols, but he never had LaRoche here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I have had that one in the back pocket for months. Was hoping this day wouldn't come. 

I am the biggest Yermin fan around but I have to be objective here. He's been bad and the Sox have bench pieces actually hitting and fielding a position even if not so well among some of the OFers. But damn the Terminator with the thumbs up is classic and fits the situation so well !

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said in the other thread, it looks like Yermin was starting to get it back, but the need for healthy position players was too much with the injured, plus the walking injured on this team.  Need some people who can field a position.

You have to admire Yermin for his success and commitment to make it. You can’t help but like the guy and root for him. But, you can’t argue that this team needs healthy position players. I am really impressed with the early success of our young players 

44 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is this real? LaRoche divided the damn clubhouse. That's the type of player he wants? That can't be real

La Russa went on to to say burger’s son shows greater clubhouse leadership qualities

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yermin one of the few board topics where everyone was right

Not sure about everyone. I expressed caution on considering Yermin the real deal here many times in April and May and got roasted a lot for it. I certainly didn’t want it to come to this, but it was obvious he was never going to be able to sustain anything near that productivity with his approach. 

Yermin, we appreciate the April and partial May you had to help us get a lead in the division but the other guys will take it from here. We'll get ya a 2021 World Series ring. Maybe see you in September.

(now catch him every day and see if Miami wants him as a piece in a Starling Marte deal, lol)

Edited by manbearpuig