GT 7/2 White Sox @ Detroit Tigers 6:10 PM CDT

The White Sox will be looking for their 5th win in a row after sweeping the "pests" from the Twin Cities.

This is the opener of a 3 game Series with the Motown Maulers.

The Sox will take their new found power strokes on the road along with Jake Burger who should make his major league debut some time in this series.

Tonight we have RH Lance Lynn 7-3 2.06 ERA against Casey Mize 5-4 3.46 ERA.

Mize features a very good slider and groundball rate and without the injured Yoan Moncada, Mize could be quite a challenge. The Tigers have put together back to back winning months and are 27-21 in their last 48 games.

Lance Lynn should be equally challenging to the Tigers. On 6/3 in Chicago, Lynn pitched 6 innings and gave up just 1 run in a 4-1 Sox win. Mize started that game and Moncada, Grandal and Lamb all homered off him.

The Sox have won 8 of 10 from the Tigers this year and the last 4 in a row against them.

LET"S GO !!

:gosox3::gosox2::gosoxretro::gosox4::gosox1:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the Leury situation, I would have to imagine Burger starts today.

Especially considering the fact he didn't even show up to the park yesterday. Not like he played a game and hopped on a red eye.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Especially considering the fact he didn't even show up to the park yesterday. Not like he played a game and hopped on a red eye.

Wes Helms said Burger was in and out of the dugout yesterday so I think he was with Charlotte last night.

18 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sheets batting 2nd.

He was just on the Score. Great interview. He’s very polished.

Kids of professional athletes normally are. They are used to the environment. 

10 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Other than seeing Goodwin at 5, I don't mind that lineup at all. Can't wait to see Burger play, and Sheets is fun to watch.

Sheets has a beautiful swing.  I think he may be the real deal.