Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

Trevor Bauer assault allegations

On 8/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, oldsox said:

What if he is in jail?  I can't believe they have to pay him in that case.

If he were charged with a crime and put in jail he wouldn't be on administrative leave anymore and would get a suspension that would stop the money coming in. 

Considering the statements Miss. Hill has made I doubt the DA will file any charges.

Posted (edited)

There would need to be at least criminal charges and or substantial documentation for multiple incidents for a one year suspension to survive an arbitration challenge.

Not defending Bauer, just stating the process needs to also be fair/consistent, can’t just be yet another owner salary cancellation/suppression vehicle.

Chapman choked his girlfriend and fired a gun 8 times in an incident and got 30 games. Sam Dyson (Full Season) and Jose Torres (100 games) are the only players to receive a suspension over 85 games, and they had multiple prior incidents and suspensions in MLB related incidents (Dyson especially).

I do agree he is likely to be blackballed, now that the Astros FO has been blown up. Don’t see another organization with the stomach to take this on.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There would need to be at least criminal charges and or substantial documentation for multiple incidents for a one year suspension to survive an arbitration challenge.

Not defending Bauer, just stating the process needs to also be fair/consistent, can’t just be yet another owner salary cancellation/suppression vehicle.

Chapman choked his girlfriend and fired a gun 8 times in an incident and got 30 games. Sam Dyson (Full Season) and Jose Torres (100 games) are the only players to receive a suspension over 85 games, and they had multiple prior incidents and suspensions in MLB related incidents (Dyson especially).

I do agree he is likely to be blackballed, now that the Astros FO has been blown up. Don’t see another organization with the stomach to take this on.

I absolutely can see a 1 year suspension being a minimum and it being upheld during arbitration. Also agree with you and Passan… he’s likely done in MLB for good.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32119416/will-trevor-bauer-ever-pitch-again-next-los-angeles-dodgers-mlb?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Won’t miss him a wink.

Edited by hi8is

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Based on his contract, if the league does not assess a suspension by November 1st, Trevor will either receive $28M on that day and remain under contract for the next two seasons, at which time he may be assessed a suspension with pay, or he can opt out and receive $2M on November 1, 2021, and ten more $2M payments between November 1, 2031 and 2040.

They can’t retroactively confiscate 2021 salary after November 1, 2021.

The salary for 2022 is huge.  Something like $40-45 million, IIRC.