Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

Trevor Bauer assault allegations

Recommended Posts

 

placed on administrative leave by the MLB because Dave Robert's couldn't do it himself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't believe the Dodgers wouldn't take action.  How spineless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I couldn't believe the Dodgers wouldn't take action.  How spineless.

The MLB and MLBPA's joint policy is very clear that the initial authority to discipline lies with the Commissioner's office. The Dodgers have been in contact with the commissioners office and are doing what the Commissioners office told them to do. The lack of an immediate response is likely due to the MLB wanting to delay the start of their investigation/administrative league "official" clock as long as possible. The Dodgers are doing what they should be doing given the joint agreement. Nothing they did was spineless.

"Initial authority to discipline Players for events that include violations of this Policy (including all aspects of the incident from which the alleged violation arose) shall repose with the Commissioner’s Office. The Commissioner’s Office will retain authority to discipline Players under this Policy until it provides the Players Association and the Player with notice that it is transferring such authority to the Club."

http://content.mlb.com/documents/2/9/2/296982292/Major_League_Player_Joint_DV_SA_CA_Policy_English_2018.pdf

You have now besmirched the best organization in both leagues because your initial reaction to news stories is to spew anger and name call and not to look into the facts and circumstances of the matter.

Edited by raBBit
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The MLB and MLBPA's joint policy is very clear that the initial authority to discipline lies with the Commissioner's office. The Dodgers have been in contact with the commissioners office and are doing what the Commissioners office told them to do. The lack of an immediate response is likely due to the MLB wanting to delay the start of their investigation/administrative league "official" clock as long as possible. The Dodgers are doing what they should be doing given the joint agreement. Nothing they did was spineless.

"Initial authority to discipline Players for events that include violations of this Policy (including all aspects of the incident from which the alleged violation arose) shall repose with the Commissioner’s Office. The Commissioner’s Office will retain authority to discipline Players under this Policy until it provides the Players Association and the Player with notice that it is transferring such authority to the Club."

http://content.mlb.com/documents/2/9/2/296982292/Major_League_Player_Joint_DV_SA_CA_Policy_English_2018.pdf

You have now besmirched the best organization in both leagues because your initial reaction to news stories is to spew anger and name call and not to look into the facts and circumstances of the matter.

Of course this is your take.

  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Of course this is your take.

Facts with sources? You should try it. Makes for better reading than baseless bluster.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Facts with sources? You should try it. Makes for better reading than baseless bluster.

The Dodgers had the ability to take some action, they just chose not to do so.  This take by the Dodgers was so bad, that it has been almost universally mocked by baseball fans and media alike.

 

 

 

 

 

And there are many more like it.  Pretend that the Dodgers couldn't do anything if you like, but it is not really true unless you draw a box around only MLB discipline.

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Dodgers had the ability to take some action, they just chose not to do so.  This take by the Dodgers was so bad, that it has been almost universally mocked by baseball fans and media alike.

 

 

 

 

 

And there are many more like it.  Pretend that the Dodgers couldn't do anything if you like, but it is not really true unless you draw a box around only MLB discipline.

I am glad you found some bloggers, a WWE writer and Keith Olbermann (LOL) to either loosely support your thoughts or take exception to what Bauer is accused of. I also think what Bauer is accused of is heinous and disturbing. However, you'll notice none of your bloggers or the charlatan that is Keiht Olbermann are speaking to the policy or the MLB's and MLBPA's process for dealing with these matters. That is because they are looking for clicks on social media.

The severity of the woman's statement do not remove the need for an investigation and legal process. Based on what's been said and how Bauer responded, it seems the woman will get justice as he's not even denying some awful and clearly illegal acts. It sucks the legal process takes time to play out but that's how the legal system works. 

I am just speaking to the facts of the matter. The MLB's domestic violence policy is very clear. The Dodgers were clear that they were following the MLB's lead. The MLB's domestic violence policy is clear that the initial action sits with the Commissioner. The MLB put him on administrative leave quickly enough where he did not return to the field after the allegations came to light. The situation is playing out in line with the way the joint agreement intended. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story. 

People can be upset with Bauer, that's fine but the Dodgers and the MLB haven't done anything wrong...yet. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@raBBit, holding him out of his next start while further investigation takes place is not discipline.  They weren't fining him or suspending him.  They could have said he was going to miss his next start and they are going to wait for guidance from the MLB.  I don't think with the story out there as it was, the Union would find this such a terrible decision.  Instead Roberts was like "it's out of my hands" which it really wasn't. 

  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that Goldstein is an idiot. He's getting this subject explained to him by an elementary school math teacher when he wrote an article about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

@raBBit, holding him out of his next start while further investigation takes place is not discipline.  They weren't fining him or suspending him.  They could have said he was going to miss his next start and they are going to wait for guidance from the MLB.  I don't think with the story out there as it was, the Union would find this such a terrible decision.  Instead Roberts was like "it's out of my hands" which it really wasn't. 

There it is.  Teams do this all of the time for non-suspendible offenses, they can damn sure do it for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyyle23 said:

@raBBit, holding him out of his next start while further investigation takes place is not discipline.  They weren't fining him or suspending him.  They could have said he was going to miss his next start and they are going to wait for guidance from the MLB.  I don't think with the story out there as it was, the Union would find this such a terrible decision.  Instead Roberts was like "it's out of my hands" which it really wasn't. 

What difference does it make? He never made a start? They didn't need to wait for guidance from the MLB because the MLB gave them guidance the Dodgers acted on what the MLB told them to do. Why would the Dodgers put themselves in a position to be taken to arbitration or have a legal grievance when the formation of this policy is set up to prevent teams from having to go down those paths by putting the disciplinary powers in the hand of the commissioner and the commissioner only until he deems otherwise. The Dodgers will have their chance to discipline him when the process plays out (assuming legal process convicts Bauer). They don't need to go against what the the MLB told them to do to put themselves in position to be liable to a grievance or an arbitration hearing. Do you think the Dodgers braintrust is going to go against their lawyers and the MLB's advice and put themselves in a position to accrue significant legal expense to appease the outrage mob on the internet? No. 

" Instead Roberts was like "it's out of my hands" which it really wasn't." - You can believe what you want. Roberts was doing what he is told to do. He is the manager of a baseball not the judge, jury and executioner. He did not start Bauer after these allegations. He did not put his employer in a bad spot. He's been put in a terrible spot and people trying to go at his character for being in the wrong place at the wrong time is shameful. 

"I don't think with the story out there as it was, the Union would find this such a terrible decision." - Do you understand how Unions operate? They don't give up any ground ever regardless of the morality of the issue.. They filed grievances when the MLB tried to extend administrative leaves with both Addison Russell and Domingo German. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There it is.  Teams do this all of the time for non-suspendible offenses, they can damn sure do it for this one.

Provide evidence of players being removed from starts for "non-suspendible" offenses. I don't even know what that means. 

When guys get in domestic violence issues, the MLB puts them on administrative leave. Just like Bauer's situation. Look at Chapman, Russell, Urias, German, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, it's really pathetic to die on the hill of "Will someone please think of the process?" when someone had their skull cracked open and raped. Brain worms.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, raBBit said:

What difference does it make? He never made a start? They didn't need to wait for guidance from the MLB because the MLB gave them guidance the Dodgers acted on what the MLB told them to do. Why would the Dodgers put themselves in a position to be taken to arbitration or have a legal grievance when the formation of this policy is set up to prevent teams from having to go down those paths by putting the disciplinary powers in the hand of the commissioner and the commissioner only until he deems otherwise. The Dodgers will have their chance to discipline him when the process plays out (assuming legal process convicts Bauer). They don't need to go against what the the MLB told them to do to put themselves in position to be liable to a grievance or an arbitration hearing. Do you think the Dodgers braintrust is going to go against their lawyers and the MLB's advice and put themselves in a position to accrue significant legal expense to appease the outrage mob on the internet? No. 

" Instead Roberts was like "it's out of my hands" which it really wasn't." - You can believe what you want. Roberts was doing what he is told to do. He is the manager of a baseball not the judge, jury and executioner. He did not start Bauer after these allegations. He did not put his employer in a bad spot. He's been put in a terrible spot and people trying to go at his character for being in the wrong place at the wrong time is shameful. 

"I don't think with the story out there as it was, the Union would find this such a terrible decision." - Do you understand how Unions operate? They don't give up any ground ever regardless of the morality of the issue.. They filed grievances when the MLB tried to extend administrative leaves with both Addison Russell and Domingo German. 

We can discuss this without you being dismissive of me.  The difference is optics, the difference is Bauer would have started if the MLB didn't step in and stop it.  Players have been sat down for off the field incidents without the MLB forcing the team to do it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Fire 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cerbaho-WG said:

Man, it's really pathetic to die on the hill of "Will someone please think of the process?" when someone had their skull cracked open and raped. Brain worms.

I can’t think of a phrase that better fits this situation: Consider the source. 

  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I don't know what to think of this situation.  It sounds like she was into this kinky ass shit per the text messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

According to the woman’s declaration attached to the request and obtained by The Athletic, she suffered injuries as a result of the second encounter, including two black eyes, a bloodied swollen lip, significant bruising and scratching to one side of her face. In the woman’s declaration, signed under penalty of perjury of California state laws, she said that her medical notes state that she had “significant head and facial trauma” and that there were signs of basilar skull fracture.

Quote

The report says on the night of May 15, 2021, Bauer invited the woman to his house again and this time asked her to agree on a safe word. About five minutes into sex, she said that he began choking her again, at which point she lost consciousness and “was unable to speak or move my body.” She says when she regained consciousness, Bauer was punching her head: “This was the first punch I felt but it is very possible that Trevor had already been punching and scratching the right side of my face while I was unconscious. Trevor then punched me hard with a closed fist to the left side of my jaw, the left side of my head, and both cheekbones. I remember this vividly and it was extremely startling and painful. I was absolutely frozen and terrified. I could not speak or move. After punching me several times, he then flipped me back onto my stomach and began choking me with hair. I lost consciousness again.”

Didn't get around reading this article until I came across @southsider2k5's links. Not surprised at some of the reactions here. 

Hoping Bauer's $ doesn't buy him out of facing the consequences of his actions, both on and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Damn, I don't know what to think of this situation.  It sounds like she was into this kinky ass shit per the text messages.

She did, but it seems that Trevor took that to a level that was not agreed upon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of you have made good points to this and this sick encounter. MLB finally stepped in and honestly I find it hard to believe anyone would cheer for this nut ever again. I certainly cannot see any woman in dodger stadium clapping for this clown and really will find it hard to believe a team would want to sign this guy. I know he has talent and he will probably take some violence counseling and come back remorseful but this kind of stuff is deep inside him and his thoughts of women in general is disgusting. No woman can defend themselves when they are passed out. No woman can say no when they are passed out. His disregard for any woman is in play. I don’t know how he can explain this to his teammates or his teammates wives. If the dodgers can cut bait I would do it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cerbaho-WG said:

Man, it's really pathetic to die on the hill of "Will someone please think of the process?" when someone had their skull cracked open and raped. Brain worms.

The political theory of despotism in a nutshell

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have some real trash wingnuts here. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bauer wasn't a multi millionaire he might spend some time in prison for this. Instead he's gonna go kick it with Bill Cosby lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pcq said:

We have some real trash wingnuts here. 

they're everywhere, their shit takes were just shamed out of public life for the most part until 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the facts remain to be sorted out, you cannot give legal consent to a criminal assault and this story could endanger other women. Joey says his girl likes it rough but that cannot justify punches and a couple of black eyes. It becomes the man's responsibility not to cross the line but it should not prove too difficult. A celebrity is always a potential target and now this one is exposed. The legal process typically resolves with probation and a civil settlement but there will be an uproar if there is anything short of a severe baseball suspension. This guy has been an out of control loose cannon and will pay the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The disturbing thing about sports, especially at the professional level, is that the macho stuff sometimes turns into real abuse and violence. This situation still needs to be investigated, but, on the surface, it is more than ugly. I'm glad Bauer isn't on the White Sox. I don't want to cheer him on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×