Adolfo Trade Ideas

YourWhatHurts

So Micker obviously needs to play every day to continue to develop.  Next season he will have to be on an MLB club or will be exposed to waivers.

Micker really isn't the kind of prospect you can hide on the bench.  He just doesn't make enough contact.  In order to really learn anything he will have to be out there every day.  That to me means he probably needs to go to a club that is likely to be pretty bad in 2022, not trying seriously to contend, and is also likely to have room in the OF for a project.

So far I can think of maybe DET, KC, BAL, TEX, COL, AZ, PIT, maybe CHC, maybe MIA but prolly not.

There's also a teeny tiny part of me that wonders about the Rays trying to make use of a guy like him even though they won't likely be bad next year.

So obviously since the Sox are deadline buyers and Micker is likely a guy they are planning on unloading prior to ST next year anyway, I was thinking it makes sense to speculate on deals where maybe he can be a centerpiece or a quality second piece.

I will start by saying that I think he can work as maybe a 2nd piece for Escobar or the Pirates closer.  Maybe a second piece for Caleb Smith. 

I'm really not sure how much people are valuing the power output.  It's impressive but it's hard to gauge his value because the options situation really tanks his trade value.

Sox don’t need to decide on Adolfo until end of next Spring training (unless they want the spot on the 40 man).  Sure, deal him if you can get anything, but the guy hasn’t played much in the last few years.  I could see them playing it out and seeing what the have.  That said, Cespedes has similar skills in a different looking package, so Adolfo’s not crucial either way.