AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

Just now, greg775 said:

I was very against the Burger selection in the draft. Hope I'm wrong. I will be the first to acknowledge the 'eye test' on Burger is sensational. He looks like one of those guys who is "hitterish" as Hawk would say. I thought that of Yermin, too, however. Just seems like Burger is a natural hitter to at least make contact. And Sheets? He looks like a star in the making. Again .,. so did Yermin. We.Shall.See. I'd think Sheets, Burger and Vaughn could sell some tickets to go with Eloy, Robert, Timmy, Moncada and Abreu.

It really would be amazing if Sheets, Burger and Vaughn all were above average - pair that with the other guys and damn - we talking mid 90s tribe type of stuff.  And yes - way way way to soon to say any of those things…but something about sheets and burger - they just look like monsters and Vaughn is legit and its great to see him starting to adjust against righties. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I was very against the Burger selection in the draft. Hope I'm wrong. I will be the first to acknowledge the 'eye test' on Burger is sensational. He looks like one of those guys who is "hitterish" as Hawk would say. I thought that of Yermin, too, however. Just seems like Burger is a natural hitter to at least make contact. And Sheets? He looks like a star in the making like a lefthanded Dale Murphy. Again .,. so did Yermin. We.Shall.See. I'd think Sheets, Burger and Vaughn could sell some tickets to go with Eloy, Robert, Timmy, Moncada and Abreu.

Yermin in April was the definition of hitterish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, black jack said:

I can't remember this many kids coming up and succeeding this quickly.

Very small sample size, but man is it nice after watching every big prospect the last 20 years "struggle" to get acclimated.  

Why are they coming up in waves without really having a drop off?  Is it the teams winning environment?

As much as I've ragged on Tony, the man has to get some credit for the next man up spirit this team has had this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, black jack said:

I can't remember this many kids coming up and succeeding this quickly.

Very small sample size, but man is it nice after watching every big prospect the last 20 years "struggle" to get acclimated.  

Why are they coming up in waves without really having a drop off?  Is it the teams winning environment?

Does anyone remember that year that the Sox had something crazy like 8 or more pitchers make their major league debuts that season?

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does anyone remember that year that the Sox had something crazy like 8 or more pitchers make their major league debuts that season?

I remember the two year (or something like that) streak where their fifth started never got a win. Those were on teams that won a lot of games and could never find a fifth starter that was even slightly below average. Jerry Manuel years. 

It’s July 2. 

the White Sox are on pace for 98 wins. Jose Abreu, Tim Anderson, Eloy Jimenez, Luis Robert, Lucas Giolito and Yoan Moncada (this one is kind bs he’s been great) are basically ancillary characters on a team that has “no depth”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, mqr said:

It’s July 2. 

the White Sox are on pace for 98 wins. Jose Abreu, Tim Anderson, Eloy Jimenez, Luis Robert, Lucas Giolito and Yoan Moncada (this one is kind bs he’s been great) are basically ancillary characters on a team that has “no depth”

Look at the scorecard. The reigning MVP was the worst player, and it ended up as a blowout. This is nuts.

1 minute ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Look at the scorecard. The reigning MVP was the worst player, and it ended up as a blowout. This is nuts.

This has been happening quite often lately. They just need to freaking sit him so he gets healthy. I don't give a damn how much he wants to play. He needs to get healthy. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This has been happening quite often lately. They just need to freaking sit him so he gets healthy. I don't give a damn how much he wants to play. He needs to get healthy. 

Only took you a minute lol, but I agree. Sit him through the break and let the rooks show their worth.

People love to shit on Moncada for being soft and compare him to Abreu's toughness, but I'd rather have a healthy backup play then going 0-5 in mostly uncompetitive AB's 

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

No, it’s not happening quite often lately.

After  he was beaned in the kneecap, Jose had a slash line of .333/.538/.667/1.205 over 3 games In the Minnesota series before going 0/5 tonight, but please don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative to destroy Abreu by any means necessary. You honestly sicken me with your agenda.