The Bryan Reynolds thread

Jack Parkman

There is zero chance this happens. Think of the Adam Eaton trade, except more expensive. He's on track for 6+ fWAR this year and has 4.5 years of control. It would take Crochet, Burger ++. 

Edited by ron883

Interesting we have one thread that is trying to say the OF situation is so terrific, Adam Eaton should soon be DFA’d. Yet there are posts in this thread calling for the Sox to trade for a RF. 

Sheets is a lot better than I thought, but obviously not as good as he has played, so I would be careful trying to figure out when he will be giving a speech in Cooperstown. That said, ride the hot hand. Hopefully, Eaton is and can remain healthy. Hopefully, Eloy, Robert, and Engel can all come back and remain healthy, and there will be no reason to address the OF. I think ultimately, they get Escobar for very little other than a contract dump. We will have to see what other injuries occur, but with a 6 game lead there is no reason to rush. This team has shown it can withstand missing players, slumping players....It would really be nice to see them at full strength.

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Interesting we have one thread that is trying to say the OF situation is so terrific, Adam Eaton should soon be DFA’d. Yet there are posts in this thread calling for the Sox to trade for a RF. 

Sheets is a lot better than I thought, but obviously not as good as he has played, so I would be careful trying to figure out when he will be giving a speech in Cooperstown. That said, ride the hot hand. Hopefully, Eaton is and can remain healthy. Hopefully, Eloy, Robert, and Engel can all come back and remain healthy, and there will be no reason to address the OF. I think ultimately, they get Escobar for very little other than a contract dump. We will have to see what other injuries occur, but with a 6 game lead there is no reason to rush. This team has shown it can withstand missing players, slumping players....It would really be nice to see them at full strength.

Some of us like to place faith in our players. 

57 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I like what I have seen from Sheets so far, but I am definitely not willing to bet that he is our next RF on that week of ABS.  Even if he does hit a decent amount he is looking like a terrible defender out there.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I like what I have seen from Sheets so far, but I am definitely not willing to bet that he is our next RF on that week of ABS.  Even if he does hit a decent amount he is looking like a terrible defender out there.

Sheets is 1B/DH only imo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

So I think my thought process in these trades is the cost of control makes it way too easy to come out underwater.

You May as well look for an Arozerena type trade of a guy blocked you believe in if you prioritize control. Sox really shouldn’t. 

55 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Reynolds and Frazier/Rodriguez for Kelley, Crochet, Burger, Sheets and Adolfo?   Uses up a lot of ammo and might create holes in the pitching staff.  

Is that Reynolds + Frazier + Rodriguez or Reynolds + Frazier OR Rodriguez?

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Looks like Frazier or Rodriguez.

I’d do all three but would be pressed for two… that’s just me though. Seems a pretty wild but mutually attractive pitch.

It is a Frazier or Rodriguez proposition.  Position player > value than reliever but 1.5 yrs control vs 2.5 made them about equal in my eyes.  Frazier obviously fits this year at second and next takes a often playing role.  Feeling our set up relief not as strong (esp if Kopech starts), I could see pivot to a reliever who would setup for us.  Just spit balling.  Gotta give to get.

Edited by BamaDoc