GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

"LaRussa is bad because he doesn't yell at umpires and that makes the umpiring worse against the Sox" is the best "I hate LaRussa and am going to make everything I can his fault" logic I've seen yet.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Well what we've been doing is clearly working. 

Show em respect and they show us none. 

17 games over .500 clearly isnt working.

Were all hot about one bad game here... and then we remember the other bad games and think it's been happening all season.

But were in first place by 6 games.

Just now, South Sider said:

17 games over .500 clearly isnt working.

Were all hot about one bad game here... and then we remember the other bad games and think it's been happening all season.

But were in first place by 6 games.

Yeah but umpires have cost this team 10 runs and there's numbers to prove it. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Lol give it a rest this just keeps getting more ludicrous.  The other umps are going to Gove us more calls because TLR yelled at their co-workers prior?  Come on this is peak meathead take.

Again we have gotten the 3rd worst strike zone in baseball this year with Tony hiding in the dugout. 

This is not working. 

Why not try protecting your guys? 

If we had gotten results by hiding you might have a point.

• Like 1

Just now, almagest said:

"LaRussa is bad because he doesn't yell at umpires and that makes the umpiring worse against the Sox" is the best "I hate LaRussa and am going to make everything I can his fault" logic I've seen yet.

Thank you for putting into words what I am trying to convey. 

I'm not a larussa fan. But my avatar is funny as fuck. But whatevers hes got going on has been working with our team basically decimated by injury.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You might be on to something if Collins caught every day, but Grandal,  who is a top notch framer gets the majority of the reps.

https://www.soxmachine.com/2021/07/02/unfavorable-strike-zones-have-been-costly-to-the-white-sox/

Based on umpire scorecards, the Sox are +0.25 runs when Grandal is catching and -10 runs when Collins is catching. This points to Collins being SO bad, that the Sox get docked that many calls when he is catching (as little as he does). It's most definitely a Collins issue. Tony bitching wouldn't change that. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, South Sider said:

What about the tone of this entire season? This game isnt over. It's still very close. I think we all trust that our team is going to give it everything they have no matter what. 

I think we learned a lot about the tone of the season when the Sox got swept by the Astros and then looked like shit for a few more games and then bounced back to go 6 games up on Cleveland.

I believe this team has strong mental fortitude, especially with how they bounced back from getting swept by Houston... NYY earlier in the year, just to keep winning. But I also dont know that theres a mental aspect in this game I guess.

Edited by South Sider

Just now, ron883 said:

https://www.soxmachine.com/2021/07/02/unfavorable-strike-zones-have-been-costly-to-the-white-sox/

Based on umpire scorecards, the Sox are +0.25 runs when Grandal is catching and -10 runs when Collins is catching. This points to Collins being SO bad, that the Sox get docked that many calls when he is catching (as little as he does). It's most definitely a Collins issue. Tony bitching wouldn't change that. 

Yep Collins framing is a huge issue right now

Just now, fathom said:

Yep Collins framing is a huge issue right now

How is he this bad? They must have had him work on it right? McCann improved a lot last year after working on it all winter in 2019. 

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

How does one work the refs in baseball?

its harder for sure - I see your point but I don't feel like writing 3 paragraphs to explain human behavior and human psychology, avoiding conflict, trying to be fair ect ect.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I think we learned a lot about that when the Sox got swept by the Astros and then looked like shit for a few more games and then bounced back to go 6 games up on Cleveland.

I believe this team has strong mental fortitude, especially with how they bounced back from getting swept by Houston... NYY earlier in the year, just to keep winning. 6 games up on Cleveland. But I also dont know that theres a mental aspect in this game I guess.

This post sucked by the way. LMAO

Edited; need to slow down a bit bud!

Edited by South Sider

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

We just watched TLR leave his starter in way too long while having no one ready in the pen.  It's not like those critical of TLR have to try real hard to find game altering mistakes.