GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

We just watched TLR leave his starter in way too long while having no one ready in the pen.  It's not like those critical of TLR have to try real hard to find game altering mistakes.  

It was the 5th inning with 1 out. You can't just take starters out whenever they struggle. He needs to be able to pitch over mistakes, otherwise he's a reliever.

Still - if you want to criticize LaRussa for that, fine. Makes a lot more sense than not yelling at umpires.

5 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

its harder for sure - I see your point but I don't feel like writing 3 paragraphs to explain human behavior and human psychology, avoiding conflict, trying to be fair ect ect.

Why does yelling at the umpires work? Psychology, that's why. Don't ask me to explain it further. If you don't understand it, your brain is simply too small.

Bad game for the Sox all around, which happens to every major league team against any given opponent. I expect them to shake it off and come out ready tomorrow but I also expect the usual hand wringing here and wonder if the same people who say winning all your games against the Tigers is meaningless will simultaneously say you can’t lose any games to the Tigers…

Edited by Greg Hibbard

Just now, almagest said:

It was the 5th inning with 1 out. You can't just take starters out whenever they struggle. He needs to be able to pitch over mistakes, otherwise he's a reliever.

Still - if you want to criticize LaRussa for that, fine. Makes a lot more sense than not yelling at umpires.

It’s the new, smarter era of baseball where they try to avoid having starters face guys for a third time. Pitching guys for a long time just because they’re a starter is antiquated

• Like 1

Just now, South Sider said:

First game for Fry all year right? And he dominated his first inning. Definitely not a good idea pushing it this time. 

Very bad managing there.

Tony sucks pure and simple. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s the new, smarter era of baseball where they try to avoid having starters face guys for a third time. Pitching guys for a long time just because they’re a starter is antiquated

Starters are averaging 5.1 innings per game. 4 innings is terrible no matter how you slice it.