GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

22 minutes ago, Friend of Nordhagen said:

And now, in the press conference, he just complained about outfield positioning on the Hamilton play.  Ozzie called him out for it, as he should have.

Goodness gracious, man, make pitches and STFU.

Same guy who blamed Oakland Coliseum for his bad playoff start last year. Like dude, that had nothing to do with you serving up 2 homers. One of them to a nearly dead Khris Davis. 

1 hour ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Keuchel went on a bit of a monologue postgame about OF’ers having to play back in Detroit’s park and how it’s not fair to pitchers working their butt off.

Ozzie in the studio is peeved. Says after every outing the guy has an excuse about something—“they left me in too long”, “they didn’t take me out soon enough”, “the outfielders are too deep”, etc.

Keuchel is the one player on this team I really get the sense Ozzie doesn’t care for. 

I agree with Ozzie. I wish the Sox never signed Keuchel.   Like he said during the Houston series, he still feels like Houston is home for him. Please try to send him home (to the Astros) in a trade.  He was part of the cheating that was going on in the sense he knew about it and said nothinmg. Worse yet, he now acts as an apologist for the Astros players , Manager and others who knew about it.  Fvk Keuchel.

By the way, I also thought Trevor Bauer was an @hole (but fir different reasons) and was hoping the Sox would not sign him during the off-season. I ended up being right about that one and as it turned out, Bauer is more of a creep than I even imagined.

Having said that, I have also complained about our outfielders, particularly Vaughn, positioning themselves too deep in order to avoid having to come in and make tough plays or to avoid having to to try and catch balls hit much deeper than where they are positioned.

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Luckily these guys are professionals and their mental states don't matter.

I did say the first part but definitely not the second part.

You're not really a very good representative of this website, are you? Coming in here with your final jab/comment for some sort of weird self satisfaction in an argument that you never really applied yourself to (meaning you ignored my finer points ). In a thread that is going to be moved and few will even read, no less.

I'd be happy to start a new thread with you and really argue this, if you want. Your move.

Edited by South Sider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Luckily these guys are professionals and their mental states don't matter.

So Keuchel is being a douche because LaRussa doesn't argue balls and strikes?