GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Burr should tell that ump how he really feels after the substance check. 

They might want to have the 1st and 3rd base umpires do this substance check if it continues to stick. We're going to see some ejections because of it eventually lol.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And that's why we get continually one of the worst strike zones in all of baseball. 

Okay. If you really think we get bad zones because old man LaRussa doesnt shout enough, then I dont know what to tell you. 

Yes, umpires are deliberately fucking the Sox over because they know no one will yell at them. 

These are professionals we are talking about. Your logic still makes zero sense dude.

Edited by South Sider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

So what about the rest of my post? I've never understood that weird logic about "protecting" people who've already been tossed. Its fucking futile. 

It sets a tone for the rest of the game. Hell it isn't like Tony does anything during a game anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And that's why we get continually one of the worst strike zones in all of baseball. 

Cmon, you really think bitching at the ump will get use a better strike zone? Not a chance. The reason we have a "strike zone" issue is because Collins is horrendous at framing and pulls pitches off the plate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Okay. If you really think we get bad zones because old man LaRussa doesnt shout enough, then I dont know what to tell you. 

Yes, umpires are deliberately fucking the Sox over because they know no one will yell at them. 

These are professionals we are talking about. Your logic still makes zero sense dude.

If you don't think there is a mental aspect to this game, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It sets a tone for the rest of the game. Hell it isn't like Tony does anything during a game anyway.

What about the tone of this entire season? This game isnt over. It's still very close. I think we all trust that our team is going to give it everything they have no matter what. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Cmon, you really think bitching at the ump will get use a better strike zone? Not a chance. The reason we have a "strike zone" issue is because Collins is horrendous at framing and pulls pitches off the plate. 

You might be on to something if Collins caught every day, but Grandal,  who is a top notch framer gets the majority of the reps.

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

What about the tone of this entire season? This game isnt over. It's still very close. I think we all trust that our team is going to give it everything they have no matter what. 

Even better. Set a tone for the rest of the season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yelling at the ump will endear them to your favor.  Now I've heard it all.

Well what we've been doing is clearly working. 

Show em respect and they show us none. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yelling at the ump will endear them to your favor.  Now I've heard it all.

Well sitting quietly in a corner of the dugout has gotten us literally one of the worst strike zones in baseball this year.  Working great there.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

#1, it shouldn't have taken Katz getting tossed to wake him up.

#2, Once Katz did get tossed, Tony should have done enough to join him. You could see Burr was still visibly upset after the inning.  Protect your guy.

THIS

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Even better. Set a tone for the rest of the season.

Lol give it a rest this just keeps getting more ludicrous.  The other umps are going to Gove us more calls because TLR yelled at their co-workers prior?  Come on this is peak meathead take.

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yowza 7 runs against this lineup? I pray we don’t have to see Dallas pitch in the playoffs again this year.

Dallas has no place on the playoff roster if our top 4 starters are healthy. Unless he fixes his control issues, he shouldn't start a playoff game and Cease would be a better long reliever than him.