GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Why does yelling at the umpires work? Psychology, that's why. Don't ask me to explain it further. If you don't understand it, your brain is simply too small.

well thats not what I said... but if was talking to you yes... wouldn't waste my time explaining. 

A team knows the manager has their back when he goes out and defends them. Earl Weaver, Bobby Cox.

Tony has made it very clear his top priorities in this job are:

1. Retaining his HOF / Get outta jail ring. Said he wouldn’t take the job without a guarantee it wouldn’t jeopardize it.

2. Hand out jobs to crony players and staff.

3. Prioritizing the unwritten rules above winning, his player’s safety, or his player’s backs.

4. Save Hendricks for save opportunities.

• Haha 1

Collins is ranked right near the bottom of MLB in terms of catcher framing metrics. He clearly needs to improve his framing and blocking skills behind the plate.

That said, Tom Hallion is amongst the worst umpires in the league (in terms of ball/strike call accuracy and consistency metrics). 

On another note: I’m not sure why LaRussa felt justified in sending Jace Fry out for a second inning of work, in his first appearance back, (after such a long post surgery layoff)? 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s the new, smarter era of baseball where they try to avoid having starters face guys for a third time. Pitching guys for a long time just because they’re a starter is antiquated

And its not like Keuchel was at all sharp the inning before.  Should have had a very short leash.

2 minutes ago, mharkins said:

Collins is ranked right near the bottom of MLB in terms of catcher framing metrics. He clearly needs to improve his framing and blocking skills behind the plate.

The team wanted to justify taking him on the opening day roster so they said he's really improved his catching so everyone just started to parrot that line because they really wanted it to be true.  He sucks.  He's always sucked and he's always going to suck.   

• Like 1

Give it up for Keuchel - what a performance after publicly griping to the media that he’s owed staying in games longer citing his contract (critical in-game decision-making metric) and lefty/lefty matchups (lefties hitting .297 against him).

Whew - Keuchel sure showed everyone today. I’m sure he’ll be pounding his chest in the press conference. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Give it up for Keuchel - what a performance after publicly griping to the media that he’s owed staying in games longer citing his contract (critical in-game decision-making metric) and lefty/lefty matchups (lefties hitting .297 against him).

Whew - Keuchel sure showed everyone today. I’m sure he’ll be pounding his chest in the press conference. 

this seems like the guy to trade... but prob not worth enough

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The team wanted to justify taking him on the opening day roster so they said he's really improved his catching so everyone just started to parrot that line because they really wanted it to be true.  He sucks.  He's always sucked and he's always going to suck.   

Yep

1 minute ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

My verdict on Keuchel, including calling out the team last year and then shitting the bed in the playoffs, is that he's all talk. Total blowhard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

And its not like Keuchel was at all sharp the inning before.  Should have had a very short leash.

He absolutely should’ve been pulled. Tony appeased Keuchel after his whine-fest to the media last week, when he should’ve not let his pity-party influence his decision and instead make the right call backed up by facts.