GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT

Wow… Burger’s double play ball had an exit velocity of 113 mph! 

Hopefully, Giolito can deliver a strong start in tomorrow’s rubber game of series. While his last start against Detroit was solid, Lucas’ other two starts against the Tigers (this season) were mediocre, resulting in losses. 

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

this seems like the guy to trade... but prob not worth enough

Yes. In a perfect world, Keuchel is the one with an expiring contract, and Lynn/Rodon have multiple years left. Oh well, organization’s still in a great spot all things considered. 

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

There has to be an explanation for how the whole bullpen has turned to shit since last year.. 1-2 guys ok, but all 4 of heuer bummer marshall and foster? I dont know

Don’t forget some of them were fading big time at the end of last year.  If season went 162 games, it wouldn’t have shocked me if that bullpen imploded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Don’t forget some of them were fading big time at the end of last year.  If season went 162 games, it wouldn’t have shocked me if that bullpen imploded.

Foster definitely faded at the end. He had all kinds of control issues in September and in the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

There has to be an explanation for how the whole bullpen has turned to shit since last year.. 1-2 guys ok, but all 4 of heuer bummer marshall and foster? I dont know

Last year was short, leaving less time for them to be exposed. They started aucking the last few weeks of the season and definitely in game 3 against the A's. 

6 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Eduardo Escobar not in starting lineup. Gallo too. Take it for what you want. 

also Donaldson left the game with a hamstring issue. Shame. 

Hey Mr. Blackout aren't you the one that something big might happen soon, have you heard anything more 

Lately.

Just now, whitesoxbrad said:

Hey Mr. Blackout aren't you the one that something big might happen soon, have you heard anything more 

Lately.

Unfortunately, no. May have got overexcited with what I did hear, and that’s my bad. Still optimistic things will happen, just maybe in a slower timeline than I thought. Basically just heard they’re being very aggressive with who they’re willing to part with and want to acquire/move quickly, but obviously hasn’t played out that way. Lesson learned for me. I don’t want to come across like that notcishek guy so I’m just gonna stay out of these things. 

Relievers are unpredictable (and tenuous) from one year to the next. The best (one can hope for) is to have enough quality arms and pitching depth (in the system and MLB pen) to mix and match relievers throughout the 162 game season and playoffs. Most clubs (including top contenders) have to manage these realities throughout the course of the season. 

I fully expect Hahn and company to add 1-2 (solid to good) relief pitchers at (or before) the July 31st trade deadline to enhance their relief corps arsenal. Additionally, ever evolving bullpen roles will likely sort themselves out as the season progresses. 

Edited by mharkins
  • Like 1

Keuchel went on a bit of a monologue postgame about OF’ers having to play back in Detroit’s park and how it’s not fair to pitchers working their butt off.

Ozzie in the studio is peeved. Says after every outing the guy has an excuse about something—“they left me in too long”, “they didn’t take me out soon enough”, “the outfielders are too deep”, etc.

Keuchel is the one player on this team I really get the sense Ozzie doesn’t care for. 

Just now, Friend of Nordhagen said:

And now, in the press conference, he just complained about outfield positioning on the Hamilton play.  Ozzie called him out for it, as he should have.

Goodness gracious, man, make pitches and STFU.

yeah that was a bad play by hamilton.. but homie you couldn't get anyone out.

5 minutes ago, Friend of Nordhagen said:

And now, in the press conference, he just complained about outfield positioning on the Hamilton play.  Ozzie called him out for it, as he should have.

Goodness gracious, man, make pitches and STFU.

Yes, if I’m in the clubhouse, I’d have a hard time liking this guy. He’s always whining and just generally comes off as me-me-me-me. A bad moment or two could be written off but it’s a pattern with him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yes, if I’m in the clubhouse, I’d have a hard time liking this guy. He’s always whining and just generally comes off as me-me-me-me. A bad moment or two could be written off but it’s a pattern with him. 

But he buys team meals.