White Sox @ Tigers - 7/4/21- Game Thread

soxfan49

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That wasn't a bad pitch either. 

Schoop also got on via a jam shot. As bad as Gio has been today he's had some bad batted ball luck. Lots of soft hits and seeing eye singles. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's if you really think Rodon can make it that far. Giolito has to be in the playoff rotation.

Yeah he gets playoff start but no extension. He has too many moments of meltdowns early in games and struggles during daytime baseball. I'd pay him a nice salary but nothing more than what Wheeler got for sure. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's if you really think Rodon can make it that far. Giolito has to be in the playoff rotation.

Rodon as a lefty is a lock. Lynn is a lock. I honestly believe Kopech will force his way into the rotation by September. So you either go with Cease or Lucas. Right now...i would go Cease. Hopefully Gio figures something out. He is BAD with pitch sequence and location right now

Going to be interesting seeing how the White Sox staff which bailed out the team in the first half holds up in the second half, both health and performance wise. 

Appears the sticky crackdown has most impacted Lucas, hope Katz can work with him to adjust. The wild card may be Kopech being inserted into the rotation, we'll have to see if there is any impact on his end as he's only pitched an inning since the change.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm tired of the same guy beating us every series. 

Not sure why we even pitched to him there. We had 1st base open and Daz Cameron on deck. 

• Like 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Rodon as a lefty is a lock. Lynn is a lock. I honestly believe Kopech will force his way into the rotation by September. So you either go with Cease or Lucas. Right now...i would go Cease. Hopefully Gio figures something out. He is BAD with pitch sequence and location right now

Boras might ask for Rodon to get shut down. 

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

You do realize Rodon pitched 36 innings last year and 6 innings the year before that  and would probably be somewhere around 150 IP just to make it to the playoffs with his extensive injury history .

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You do realize Rodon pitched 36 innings last year and 6 innings the year before that  and would probably be somewhere around 150 IP just to make it to the playoffs with his extensive injury history .

He is healthy and hitting 100 on his fastball. He is a lock

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

LGINAA

I'm hoping he's a #3 now.

As 2005 proved, if you take a few #3s and a couple have some ace-level pure stuff, ala Freddy and Contreras, you can potentially get some really good years out of your guys all at once and win a championship.