White Sox @ Tigers - 7/4/21- Game Thread

soxfan49

Sounds good to me. Actually, we better win! Championship teams win their series against terrible teams like Detroit.

Giolito 6-5, 3.84 vs rookie Manning 1-2, 8.16 in only his 4th start. Manning's last start against Cleveland (14th in AL in BA at .228), gave up 9 ER's in 3.2 innings. 

This time when we get to the bullpen, as opposed to yesterday's zero runs vs the last four relievers, the Sox need to spank Detroit as they have a terrible team bullpen ERA of 5.05 which is 27th in MLB. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Leury batting 5th against a RHP while Collins is batting last is something.

Yeah...I haven’t been too critical of TLR’s lineups since he does seem to get more than expected from most players...but that’s a head scratcher.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BRDSR said:

Yeah...I haven’t been too critical of TLR’s lineups since he does seem to get more than expected from most players...but that’s a head scratcher.

Yeah, I stopped questioning the lineups a few weeks ago.

Tony is an excellent driver.

• Haha 1

Need Lucas to actually look good against Detroit for once. His last few times out, he really hasn't had his good stuff against them. Hopefully the 12:10 start doesn't mean he'll be a walking zombie for the first few innings. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Need Lucas to actually look good against Detroit for once. His last few times out, he really hasn't had his good stuff against them. Hopefully the 12:10 start doesn't mean he'll be a walking zombie for the first few innings. 

Haven’t his day game numbers actually been better than his night game figures?

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Haven’t his day game numbers actually been better than his night game figures?

In the past yes. But this year, it's being thrown off by the Patriot's day game. I guess 12:10 isn't exactly 10:30 AM, but Lucas is renowned for not being a morning person. I hope he drank about 3 red bulls before this game. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

In the past yes. But this year, it's being thrown off by the Patriot's day game. I guess 12:10 isn't exactly 10:30 AM, but Lucas is renowned for not being a morning person. I hope he drank about 3 red bulls before this game. 

Lol...let’s hope so.  And let’s also hope he finds a way to stop giving up so many HRs.  Seems like he’s throwing way more meatballs this year than in recent seasons and his HR rates are up on all three pitches.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...let’s hope so.  And let’s also hope he finds a way to stop giving up so many HRs.  Seems like he’s throwing way more meatballs this year than in recent seasons and his HR rates are up on all three pitches.

The HRs to Miguel Cabrera have got to stop. He's killing Lucas this year for no good reason.

• Like 1