Rodon, Lynn, Hendriks, Anderson all stars

southsider2k5

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Congrats and I will forever hate the All-Star game if one of them gets hurt . That's the type of year it's been.

There have been serious injuries in All-Star games. Glad for the Sox players being picked, but preferred they didn't play. Game means nothing.

13 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

There have been serious injuries in All-Star games. Glad for the Sox players being picked, but preferred they didn't play. Game means nothing.

Are they still giving the winning league home field advantage in the World Series? If so, it is important.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Are they still giving the winning league home field advantage in the World Series? If so, it is important.

No which is why I've been crying all year about filling holes we have because with our great home record and mediocre road record I'd prefer to win as many games as possible to secure home field advantage through the playoffs. Health of teams in the playoffs might end up being the biggest factor but home field advantage might make the difference between pretty equal teams.  The Sox just seem to play a lot better at home.

I never watch the All Star Game, could give a rats ass beyond player injuries. Nice for the players who want to go or have incentives in their contracts, or for fans who care.

All three Sox pitchers should be available based on Lynn and Rodon going midweek, just hope they stay healthy.

Sox hitters all really need the time off to recoup from injuries or the grind of playing nearly everyday beyond their injuries, so glad as a Sox fan none of the position players are traveling to Colorado. Hoping none get added because other players have bailed on the game.

4 hours ago, harkness99 said:

grandal should have been in - no one else really has the numbers

but he should have been.

Grandal has good modern Stat numbers due to the framing and walks but the casual fan who doesn't know that stuff is probably repelled by the sub mendoza line average. 

• Like 1