Rodon, Lynn, Hendriks, Anderson all stars

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Hurst pissed that Anderson didn't get in.. but I can't agree.

he is like 734 OPS or something... other guys ahead of him much higher.

He means Hurt (Frank Thomas).

What a waste of 10 minutes on the pregame show. He also thinks Abreu should be an all star because he won the MVP last year. Uh…no, Frank.

Yeah, given all the injuries to the position players, and the fact that they've both been to the  stoopid All Star Game before, I don't know why Lynn and Hendriks don't ask out of this one. 

Do players actually want to GO to the ASG? I get that they all like the recognition of being named to the game. But wouldn't you rather have a few days off R&R with the family and friends?

As a fan, I don't want any of my team's pitchers wasting a single pitch on a game that does not fucking matter. We're told that pitchers have finite quantities of pitches to throw in a game/season/career. Why waste them?

14 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

With another barrage of position player injuries I'm glad that the Sox position players didn't make the game. Those guys need some rest to heal up. 

It won't bother me if none of our guys play.  The arms need a rest just like the batters.  

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It won't bother me if none of our guys play.  The arms need a rest just like the batters.  

Carlos Rodon has turned his career around and is seemingly the only guy on the pitching staff I have no reason to think might have been breaking the ball doctoring rules. He has fully shown me up in the process. I would be very disappointed if he didn’t get to throw.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

truth is stranger than fiction.

Another reason baseball is dying. Tim Anderson is an all star. Period. Should be in the game. Baseball needs stars. I can see why Abreu is not considered despite his RBIs, he's not passed the "all star eye test" this year. But Timmy is an all star. Sickens me he's not in the game.

Good to finally see this happen. 

For the record,  we should all be savoring this moment.  The Sox drafted a raw SS in the middle of the 1st round with a high ceiling out of a JuCo who had a minimum of ABs. They developed him into a batting champion, a defensive wiz, a great clutch hitter, and now an all-star.  What a great win for Timmy and the White Sox organization. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Backwash07 said:

Looks like now four Astros declining asg invite. Pretty shady. Hope we sweep these jags after the break. 

I wish our guys would decline as well. At least, the guys that have already gone to an ASG. 

The ASG matters as little as the pro bowl. It does exactly jack and shit to help this team win this year. In a season full of injuries for the SOX, I don't want to risk any more unnecessary chances for IL stints. In a team that can ill-afford any decline in performance from the pitchers, I specifically don't want them exerting themselves in a stoopud waste of time like this.

I'd rather have all SOX rested and ready to go for the second half. I'd rather have the pitchers throw pitches for OUR team, not some stoopud all star team.

While I hate the asstros with the FIRE of 10,000 suns, I also think their players made the right choice.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

5 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I wish our guys would decline as well. At least, the guys that have already gone to an ASG. 

The ASG matters as little as the pro bowl. It does exactly jack and shit to help this team win this year. In a season full of injuries for the SOX, I don't want to risk any more unnecessary. In a team that can ill-afford any decline in performance from the pitchers, I specifically don't want them exerting themselves in a stoopud waste of time like this.

I'd rather have all SOX rested and ready to go for the second half. I'd rather have the pitchers throw pitches for OUR team, not some stoopud all star team.

While I hate the asstros with the FIRE of 10,000 suns, I also think their players made the right choice.

Yeah position players going isn't so bad, but the fact that we probably can't use Rodon or Lynn until the 2nd series of the 2nd half is pretty dumb. 

18 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

The ASG matters as little as the pro bowl. It does exactly jack and shit to help this team win this year. In a season full of injuries for the SOZ, I don't want to risk any more unnecessary. In a team that can ill-afford any decline in performance from the pitchers, I specifically don't want them exerting themselves in a stoopud waste of time like this.

I’m sure it helps them during contract negotiations. 

44 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’m sure it helps them during contract negotiations. 

Sure. Being SELECTED to the ASG helps them during contract negotiations.  Does wasting their time actually PLAYING in the stoopud ASG help them at all?

I doubt it. They've already got their due and their recognition, which is being SELECTED. Risking injury and/or ineffectiveness by playing an unnecessary game is fucking stoopud; For pitchers, giving enemy teams more video to study, and enemy coaching staffs chances to overuse you, and enemy players more chances to observe you/get you timed is country-dumb.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete