Rodon, Lynn, Hendriks, Anderson all stars

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know, that's why I noted I was responding to another poster and not you.

I'd already argue Ohtani didn't earn the All-Star collection as a pitcher in the first place. I get your point of bringing eyes to the event but I just have my doubts.

It's less about eyes on the game, than it is eyes on Ohtani. He may well be one of the greatest baseball players ever, but like his teammate, the greatest baseball player ever, plays on a crappy organization that no one but hardcore baseballheads and people on the west coast are ever going to watch. 

It's a beauty pageant, and Shohei is one beautiful SOB 

Edited by mqr

One cool thing I found while reading the toothless / penalty free “mandatory” ASG language, is the fact that each White Sox player will get 15 large if they’re on the active roster for the Children of the Corn Iowa game.

(9) Each Player on the participating Clubs’ Active Roster shall receive a one-time stipend of $15,000 (per game), payable from the ITF, in addition to the applicable in-season meal and tip allowances.

That’s a nice payout for those making league minimum/ slightly above .

3 hours ago, mqr said:

I want to see Shohei Ohtani start the game after he hits a nuke in the 1st more than I want to see Rodon or Lynn pitch at all. 

The guy is doing stuff none of us have ever seen, the league needs to push this to the forefront as much as possible, because lord knows the Angels won't

Bingo. The media coverage is all about him. This is what can help grow the game. Hell, there's people I know who aren't big baseball fans that are going to watch the HR Derby tonight because of him.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Bingo. The media coverage is all about him. This is what can help grow the game. Hell, there's people I know who aren't big baseball fans that are going to watch the HR Derby tonight because of him.

I haven't watched any of this stuff in years, but I'll be tuning in to all of it. Having the HR Derby in Denver without the humidor is a contributing factor as well. 

Edited by mqr