7/5 White Sox @ Twins 6:00 CT

Gee whiz, another series with the Twins. Oh boy. Please baseball, get rid of the schedule in which teams play their own division so many times!! Why are people OK with this boredom? Sox could be playing more games vs. Milwaukee, Chicago, Cincinnati, St. Louis if they want to keep it regional and reduce the amount of games vs. these divisional teams. Drives me crazy.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Gee whiz, another series with the Twins. Oh boy. Please baseball, get rid of the schedule in which teams play their own division so many times!! Why are people OK with this boredom? Sox could be playing more games vs. Milwaukee, Chicago, Cincinnati, St. Louis if they want to keep it regional and reduce the amount of games vs. these divisional teams. Drives me crazy.

All 19 games with the Twins were scheduled within 3 months. May 11-August 11.  Not a fan.

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I hope Josh Donaldson gets a little sweet chin music to scare him straight. Don't hit him intentionally, but make his ass dance. 

fuck that shit I hope the Sox sweep them and nobody gets suspended.  Sox are in a pennant race the Twins are in last place, there's no rivalry here really.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I partially agree.  I would like to play the entire AL with a more balanced schedule but not so much in favor of additional inter-league play.  

24 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I hope Josh Donaldson gets a little sweet chin music to scare him straight. Don't hit him intentionally, but make his ass dance. 

Get ready. This game has big-time brawl written all over it. Donaldson will be going down and there will be suspensions. Hopefully nobody gets hurt. Remember this post during postgame chats about the game.

p.s. If they have threats of storms, etc., maybe the brawl will be postponed a night, but it's coming. You don't do what Donaldson did and not get hit.

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Scheduling is difficult. Important to match up with teams near you while also important to match up with your main competition for the betterment of credibility. I like that they play their division so much, makes it easier to see who really was the best team.

With that being said, I think they should try to map it out better, no reason to play the twins so much during one stretch of time. Better to have it seperated to see how the teams evolve over a year.

I'm also all for league realignment/divison realignment and expansion teams to make it even better. 

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I disagree.  If you want to win a division, you should beat the teams in your division.  

9 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I disagree.  If you want to win a division, you should beat the teams in your division.  

19 games per division team is ridiculous IMO. Sox this year are dominating Minnie, so look for the predictable brawl tonight. 

Edited by greg775

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

19 games per division team is ridiculous IMO. Sox this year are dominating Minnie, so look for the predictable brawl tonight. 

19 games probably a bit much.  I don't think there will be a brawl though.  The twins are beneath the sox.  The sox know that.   Just a feeling.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

fuck that shit I hope the Sox sweep them and nobody gets suspended.  Sox are in a pennant race the Twins are in last place, there's no rivalry here really.

I posted the Twins sucked at all phases of baseball in the game one game thread last week, and was reprimanded during a futile Twins rally that they do not suck.

Can they really be in last place? Is this merely a dream on a hot summer day?

Let’s check Snopes:

Snopes response: True.

The Twins do in fact suck, are in last place, and Josh Donaldson is Jive Ass Turkey for not facing the music and vengeance this evening.

Go Sox!!!

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Good lord, their lineup is AWFUL without those two guys. No excuses, Dylan. 

The only 2 runs he gave up last time out against them were 2 homers by those guys. 

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This. No reason at all to hit Donaldson . Just bring your A game to road like it was at home and stomp them once again. They must start winning road games against far inferior competition. I know it's hard when there are so many regulars out and there is time to be among those the best record in baseball. I just don't want to fall too far behind. Start tonight .

• Quin unpinned this topic