7/5 White Sox @ Twins 6:00 CT

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Jose really just had to hit a fly ball there. The 3 guys after him weren't going to hit a tough lefty like Rogers. Even if we didn't lose the runner on 3rd, the next 2 guys made no contact. 

True, but they totally play it different 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the player somehow doesn’t know the signs at that point, then the manager has gone all “Robin Ventura” level of falling asleep.

If the contact play was not on, then I don’t think signs have anything to do with it. With no contact play on, Yoan could have just stupidly reacted to what he initially thought was a ball hit slow enough to allow him to score. 

I guess this discussion is dumb though. I’m not even saying I think that’s what happened. It was likely the contact play. I just found it amusing that everybody reacted as if they KNEW, when in reality, nobody knows for sure. 

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’m aware of how the contact play works as opposed to what you’re supposed to do when the contact play is not on. It was most likely the contact play, but there’s a chance Yoan just decided to run. 

Old man bad

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

If the contact play was not on, then I don’t think signs have anything to do with it. With no contact play on, Yoan could have just stupidly reacted to what he initially thought was a ball hit slow enough to allow him to score. 

I guess this discussion is dumb though. I’m not even saying I think that’s what happened. It was likely the contact play. I just found it amusing that everybody reacted as if they KNEW, when in reality, nobody knows for sure. 

If the contact play wasn’t on and Moncada didn’t wait to see where the ball went before running? That is also bad coaching.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If the contact play wasn’t on and Moncada didn’t wait to see where the ball went before running? That is also bad coaching.

I disagree. There has to be some level of instincts on the base paths. If Jose hits a dribbler (I’m talking very slow, swinging bunt style), then Yoan should take off. If you wait to see where it goes, then it’s too late. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Game day has marked everything as sliders other than 1 changeup this inning

I know but that's a curveball. The 88-89 mph sliders had a completely different shape than the 83-84 mph curveballs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

1 out and Billy Hamilton up with a runner on 3rd? 50/50 chance of a successful squeeze.

I meant the twins. You gotta be careful of wild pitches. The infield might be in. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I disagree. There has to be some level of instincts on the base paths. If Jose hits a dribbler (I’m talking very slow, swinging bunt style), then Yoan should take off. If you wait to see where it goes, then it’s too late. 

Not with 0 outs. 

• Quin unpinned this topic