The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

This is just beyond bad luck. That is now 4 starters who are either out long term or done for the year. Somehow this team has to stay afloat until mid August and then hope everyone that can come back does and is able to contribute. I don't know what they will do now before the trade deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm going to be very unhappy with the bad catching were about to witness for the next month. 

Yeah all the people who say that Collins can catch are going to crawl into holes.

Of course the Cubs signed Chirinos and the Indians Wilson Ramos the past few days.

The Indians have DFA'd Rene Rivera and Lavarnway the past two weeks. Not sure if  either are worth the 40 man spot honestly.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Of course the Cubs signed Chirinos and the Indians Wilson Ramos the past few days.

The Indians have DFA'd Rene Rivera and Lavarnway the past two weeks. Not sure if  either are worth the 40 man spot honestly.

Sox can still trade for a guy, granted it's gonna be an overpay 

we are gonna see in the next week or two what Hahn and JRs ultimate goal is for this year, it's either all in, or ride out the season and let the chips fall

part of me says option 2 is most likely and might be the better option.  not gonna tear up what's left of the farm system for a small 2-3% bump in WS odds, not to mention any guy we trade for could just as easily injure themselves given how this training staff can't seem to keep guys healthy

Sox might need to trade for a catcher just to have a guy to replace Collins or Zavala once one of them goes down

sorry for the rant, just thinking out loud

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

He struggled mightily last night

Last night was just ugly...but in all fairness, the majority of Collins supporters think he is an adequate number 2 who can catch approximately 40'% of the games to keep from overusing Grandal.  I have no doubt in my mind we need to find another quality catcher asap.

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I was actually relieved when I read 4-6 weeks. Get everybody back by September 1 and then roll into the playoffs. 

Sox are fortunate to reside in such a garbage division, with three of the four not bothering to spend the bare minimum (bottom third), and the Twins fielding a pile of flaming shit this season.

@ptatc - At first glance, is the four to six weeks too optimistic for a catcher to return to full strength, as opposed to a player with far less stress with the knee?

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

I’ve determined two things in the last 10 minutes that will dictate my religious futures. Either:

1.) god exists, but doesn’t care about us

2.) god doesn’t exist and nothing matters. 

Welcome to the club

38 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Torn tendon in his knee? Fuck! 

If they thought it was the calf but it's the knee, it's most likely the plantaris. Luckily not a significant muscle.  Just hurts. It's commonly used for spare parts for other tendon reconstructions.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yikes.  So unconnected to the original injury, or what?

It's really part of the calf but it has an attachment above the lateral console in the knee. So it is the original injury. A plantaris rupture.

Edited by ptatc