The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

I have zero desire to see Collins at the plate full time. His defense is non existent along with pitch framing. I remember a stat not too long ago(probably about a month ago) showing umpires most missed pitches against us this season were in games where Collins was the catcher. That's not a coincidence. Him playing more isn't going to help. 

Edited by Baron

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have been pretty apathetic since Robert got hurt. Nothing they've done has changed that for me. 

I was more into 2019 and 2020 than I am this season. 

I'm usually more into baseball than any other sport I follow. Not this year. 

Then do us all a favor and stop trying to take us all down into your pity party on a daily basis. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Then do us all a favor and stop trying to take us all down into your pity party on a daily basis. 

I think Fathom needs to be stripped of Mr Pessimism and given to Jack. Jesus the dude is just in a constant state of getting ready to jump off the bridge. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That's fair, I'll try. 

It just sucks. This year they could have been so damn good if their key players weren't constantly getting injured. 

I think they could have survived Engel/Eaton/Madrigal. Robert/Jimenez/Grandal really hurt. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Imagine someone told you before the season the following facts:

1. Eloy Jimenez would be seriously injured and not the start the season. He wouldn't be back until late July/early Aug.

2. Luis Robert would get off to a great start hitting .316, but suffer a serious hip flexor injury after 25 games and not be back until late July/early Aug.

3. Nick Madrigal would be leading the team at .305 and leading the team in hits, but get suffer a season ending hamstring injury after only 54 games. 

4. Yasmani Grandal would suffer a serious another calf injury that might keep him out for several weeks. So far day to day, but could be worse.

5. Adam Engel wouldn't start the season due to a hamstring injury and wouldn't make it back until game 58. However only after 10 games, he would be put back on IL due to re-injuring his hamstring.

6. During the season Adam Eaton, Jake Lamb, Aaron Bummer, Billy Hamilton and Evan Marshall would all hit the 10 day IL.

As these two songs say, if it weren't for bad luck, the Sox wouldn't have any luck at all. ☹️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Imagine someone told you before the season the following facts:

1. Eloy Jimenez would be seriously injured and not the start the season. He wouldn't be back until late July/early Aug.

2. Luis Robert would get off to a great start hitting .316, but suffer a serious hip flexor injury after 25 games and not be back until late July/early Aug.

3. Nick Madrigal would be leading the team at .305 and leading the team in hits, but get suffer a season ending hamstring injury after only 54 games. 

4. Yasmani Grandal would suffer a serious another calf injury that might keep him out for several weeks. So far day to day, but could be worse.

5. Adam Engel wouldn't start the season due to a hamstring injury and wouldn't make it back until game 58. However only after 10 games, he would be put back on IL due to re-injuring his hamstring.

6. During the season Adam Eaton, Jake Lamb, Aaron Bummer, Billy Hamilton and Evan Marshall would all hit the 10 day IL.

As these two songs say, if it weren't for bad luck, the Sox wouldn't have any luck at all. ☹️

Don't forget that now it's been revealed that Moncada has been playing through a couple of potentially power sapping injuries. 

Also Abreu is having a bad year. 

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have been pretty apathetic since Robert got hurt. Nothing they've done has changed that for me. 

I was more into 2019 and 2020 than I am this season. 

I'm usually more into baseball than any other sport I follow. Not this year. 

FIFY

• Like 1

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Best case scenario, is what... he's out a few weeks?  I'm all for a trade but maybe let's wait until we know how severe it is with YG

Probably 4-6 weeks is best case scenario, and that's because of the position that he plays. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's fair, I'll try. 

It just sucks. This year they could have been so damn good if their key players weren't constantly getting injured. 

I think they could have survived Engel/Eaton/Madrigal. Robert/Jimenez/Grandal really hurt. 

Tear it down. Full rebuild time. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Don't forget that now it's been revealed that Moncada has been playing through a couple of potentially power sapping injuries. 

Good points and Abreu having a bad year is a direct correlation to not having Eloy and Robert hitting behind him. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Tear it down. Full rebuild time. 

I mean, I don't even think that. Even at my lowest point I was advocating for punting this season and go get 'em in '22. But the ALC is so bad that they're going to back into the playoffs anyway. 

I'm mildly concerned that the entire team isn't going to put it together at the same time for a full season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I mean, I don't even think that. Even at my lowest point I was advocating for punting this season and go get 'em in 2022. But the ALC is so bad that they're going to back into the playoffs anyway. 

Yeah that's BS. Need I remind you of the gamethread a few weeks ago where you stole my idea to tear it all down if you don't think jerry will spend? 

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's fair, I'll try. 

They’ve scratched and clawed and fought their way through all that to a very good record and a 6 game division lead.  If that’s not good enough to hold your “interest” I don’t know what to tell you, but it doesn’t say much for you as a fan. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Yeah that's BS. Need I remind you of the gamethread a few weeks ago where you stole my idea to tear it all down if you don't think jerry will spend? 

I think Jerry will spend mildly like he always does. He prefers to spread it around over 3-5 guys rather than putting his eggs in one basket. Maybe....he might dole out a 9 figure contract this winter. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

And we’re still on the lookout for our 50th win a week before the all start game while in first place by 6 games.

Its astounding.

16 minutes ago, Baron said:

I have zero desire to see Collins at the plate full time. His defense is non existent along with pitch framing. I remember a stat not too long ago(probably about a month ago) showing umpires most missed pitches against us this season were in games where Collins was the catcher. That's not a coincidence. Him playing more isn't going to help. 

I was told that the umpires are missing all those calls because TLR doesn't complain to the umpires enough. 

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

They’ve scratched and clawed and fought their way through all that to a very good record and a 6 game division lead.  If that’s not good enough to hold your “interest” I don’t know what to tell you, but it doesn’t say much for you as a fan. 

I'm still watching because they're still winning but it feels like a 6 month death march to getting swept out of the ALDS. 

Honestly, I have to give TLR some credit because this is some 2000s Cardinals level next man up shit going on here. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Jerry will spend mildly like he always does. He prefers to spread it around over 3-5 guys rather than putting his eggs in one basket. Maybe....he might dole out a 9 figure contract this winter. 

Man pick a god damn lane. I seriously don't think you'd know a winning team if they were standing infront of you holding a trophy. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Man pick a god damn lane. I seriously don't think you'd know a winning team if they were standing infront of you holding a trophy. 

No I know what one looks like and that's why I'm kinda bummed. 

I wish the Sox had some serious competition in the ALC so we had a better gauge where they truly are. The ALC is pretty pathetic. Worst division in baseball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

No I know what one looks like and that's why I'm kinda bummed. 

You clearly don't. You want them to sell mid season and mail it in while in 1st place. It's asinine. Any GM in that position would be immediately fired. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I was told that the umpires are missing all those calls because TLR doesn't complain to the umpires enough. 

That's definitely not part of it lol. Framing is a major part of the catchers worth right now. Not being able to frame is game costing. 

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

You clearly don't. You want them to sell mid season and mail it in while in 1st place. It's asinine. Any GM in that position would be immediately fired. 

Only because they're injured as fuck. 

Now that I'm convinced the ALC title is pretty much a given I just don't want them to trade Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet/Madrigal. 

Sheets and Burger are blocked so I don't mind them getting moved. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm still watching because they're still winning but it feels like a 6 month death march to getting swept out of the ALDS. 

Honestly, I have to give TLR credit because this is some 2000s Cardinals level next man up shit going on here. 

OK, I'll bite, even though I'm pretty sure this whole thing is just performative and not even primarily about baseball.  If they're "winning" with their shell of a team decimated by injuries, it would normally give one reason to think that they will improve even further and give reason for optimism when, you know, their two injured superstars return to said winning team in August. (And I know, they will not return, or they will return and be bad, or there will be no baseball, wamp wah -- you don't have to say it.)

• Heads22 changed the title to Grandal tears tendon in left knee (out 4-6 weeks), Zavala called up