The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Only because they're injured as fuck. 

Now that I'm convinced the ALC title is pretty much a given I just don't want them to trade Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet/Madrigal. 

Why not? They won't be able to pay them right? Let's get started on the next rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why not? They won't be able to pay them right? Let's get started on the next rebuild. 

You guys fail to understand that the only reason I even wanted to sell is because of the key injuries. 

Then Cleveland got injured just as much as the Sox are. 

They're going to win 85-89 games and make the playoffs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You guys fail to understand that the only reason I even wanted to sell is because of the key injuries. 

Uh huh. Every winning ball club you've seen does exactly that. 

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's fair, I'll try. 

It just sucks. This year they could have been so damn good if their key players weren't constantly getting injured. 

I think they could have survived Engel/Eaton/Madrigal. Robert/Jimenez/Grandal really hurt. 

Yeah, we know. It does suck. Good thing only one of them are season ending injuries. Hoping for decent news on Grandal today. If he avoided an Achilles injury, he should be back in 6-8 weeks at the most. Eloy and Luis will be back by then too. A 2B will be acquired. We have a 6 game lead. The world is not ending. 

My whole opinion this year is that the Sox are good enough to make the playoffs, but probably not good enough to make noise once they get there. It made me question whether or not they should let Lynn and Rodon walk for free. Then Cleveland lost the top 3 pitchers in their rotation. Plesac is returning after the ASB I heard. This Sox team vs. a healthy Cleveland team would be a dogfight. Cleveland is also far from healthy. 

If even Eloy and Robert were healthy, all else being equal....fuck yeah push all of the chips in. 

I thought you guys understood what I was saying a month ago when Madrigal got injured, I guess not. 

The 05 team only got help from depth pieces at the TDL, they were that well constructed in February. They had normally bad bullpen guys go lights out for a year. They were healthy outside of the closer position and had a flamethrowing rookie ready to step in and shove. This team doesn't have that. 

The optimist in me says the Sox are going to pwn in 2022. :)

Edited by Jack Parkman

If Grandal is out for the year, I am officially scared. If he's over 4-6 weeks or something, our weakass division should keep us afloat and we're just dependent on everyone coming back healthy without setbacks.

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Then Cleveland got injured just as much as the Sox are. 

They're going to win 85-89 games and make the playoffs. 

No one "failed to understand" that.  Everyone else just looked at the rest of baseball and understood the landscape.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No one "failed to understand" that.  Everyone else just looked at the rest of baseball and understood the landscape.

Really it was a case of me trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Then I posted it and realized the opposite lol. I'm not afraid to poke fun at my horrible takes. 

Go ahead and laugh at it, I deserve the flak. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If Grandal is out for the year, I am officially scared. If he's over 4-6 weeks or something, our weakass division should keep us afloat and we're just dependent on everyone coming back healthy without setbacks.

I was about to post something very similar to this. Other than Madrigal, it sounds as if everyone will be back before the playoffs. I’ll start to get worried once I hear someone other than Madrigal is done for the year. Get everyone back by September 1, shake the rust off and begin to gel during the final month, and then roll into the playoffs ready to kick some ass. 

12 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Even without Grandal they'll probably at the very least be in it until the last week of the season, if not still win the division. They're absolutely not a title contender though. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The 05 team only got help from depth pieces at the TDL, they were that well constructed in February. They had normally bad bullpen guys go lights out for a year. They were healthy outside of the closer position and had a flamethrowing rookie ready to step in and shove. This team doesn't have that. 

The optimist in me says the Sox are going to pwn in 2022. :)

The 05 team is an example that should make you optimistic, not pessimistic.  They weren't "that well constructed in February" -- give me a break, they weren't some perfectly assembled superteam.  Nobody even picked them to win their division.  They just clicked, had some great individual performances, and got hot at the right times with a team less talented than this one will be once Eloy and Robert come back.  They were healthy outside the closer position?  I guess if you don't count losing literally the best player in White Sox franchise history for the season.  And who says we don't have a rookie ready to step in and shove?  There are many, many more realistic examples of impact young players on this team than there were at this point in 2005.  My advice:  just keep watching and hoping for the best, and maybe scream into your pillow rather than onto this board.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The 05 team is an example that should make you optimistic, not pessimistic.  They weren't "that well constructed in February" -- give me a break, they weren't some perfectly assembled superteam.  Nobody even picked them to win their division.  They just clicked, had some great individual performances, and got hot at the right times with a team less talented than this one will be once Eloy and Robert come back.  They were healthy outside the closer position?  I guess if you don't count losing literally the best player in White Sox franchise history for the season.  And who says we don't have a rookie ready to step in and shove?  There are many, many more realistic examples of impact young players on this team than there were at this point in 2005.  My advice:  just keep watching and hoping for the best, and maybe scream into your pillow rather than onto this board.

Frank wasn't even expected to play much that year. Why do you think they signed Everett? 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Even without Grandal they'll probably at the very least be in it until the last week of the season, if not still win the division. They're absolutely not a title contender though. 

Jack is putting in all his marbles in the "Sox aren't a title contender" basket because unless they become the 1 team of the 30 to win it all he can say I told you so. 

The Sox will win the Central. They've had of the best pitching in all of baseball. If they have Robert, Eloy and Grandal healthy and in the lineup in September you're just wrong. Whether they win it all or not. This is baseball. You do whatever to get to October and hope the luck goes your way once you're there. Speaking in absolutes about winning a World Series in baseball just shows a lack of understanding or bias. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Jack is putting in all his marbles in the "Sox aren't a title contender" basket because unless they become the 1 team of the 30 to win it all he can say I told you so. 

The Sox will win the Central. They've had of the best pitching in all of baseball. If they have Robert, Eloy and Grandal healthy and in the lineup in September you're just wrong. Whether they win it all or not. This is baseball. You do whatever to get to October and hope the luck goes your way once you're there. Speaking in absolutes about winning a World Series in baseball just shows a lack of understanding or bias. 

The Mets say hi. 

Best pitching in the AL is accurate. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Frank wasn't even expected to play much that year. Why do you think they signed Everett? 

The White Sox didn't sign Everett. They traded for him in 2004. 

29 minutes ago, raBBit said:

It would definitely be bad if he's out for the season.  There isn't any FA catcher who could realistically help, and adding a good catcher to potential trade targets just complicates things.  They Sox would most likely have to roll with Collins/Zavala for the rest of the year, and that's a scary thought.

Just now, raBBit said:

"of the best pitching in baseball" does not equal the best pitching.

I missed that because of the typo, sorry. I read it as that. Misunderstanding. 
If you said they have the best SP and closer combination in the AL I'd completely agree. 

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The White Sox didn't sign Everett. They traded for him in 2004. 

Ok, it's been a while. 

Anyway, they traded for Everett, who was signed for another season, because Frank had a bad injury and it was unknown if he'd be able to play regularly. He only played for like 3-5 weeks in 2005 and then he got injured again. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Grandal tears tendon in left knee (out 4-6 weeks), Zavala called up