The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean, he's 4 weeks into a 4-6 week timeline.  I wouldn't expect TLR to say much of anything, but he's no longer ahead of schedule.  In fact, he'll be behind schedule if he doesn't go out for a rehab assignment this week.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, he's 4 weeks into a 4-6 week timeline.  I wouldn't expect TLR to say much of anything, but he's no longer ahead of schedule.  In fact, he'll be behind schedule if he doesn't go out for a rehab assignment this week.  

That's only if the original time line was still accurate.  The reports after the surgery sure made it sound longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's only if the original time line was still accurate.  The reports after the surgery sure made it sound longer.

After the surgery he said the physician told him the fastest person to come back from the surgery was 3 weeks. So it may still be the timeline. This was the comment that made me wonder what type of repair heals that quickly.

51 minutes ago, ptatc said:

After the surgery he said the physician told him the fastest person to come back from the surgery was 3 weeks. So it may still be the timeline. This was the comment that made me wonder what type of repair heals that quickly.

Where’s Vulture?  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

As an avid anti Grandal fan and I still think the contract is a huge cripple to this team (since he’s always injured). Please come back soon I can’t stand watching Collins or Zavala consistently. 

I don’t think people realize how much he helps the entire offense with his ability to take pitches. Abreu won an MVP with Grandal hitting in front of him. And he can hit righties. I think he’s worth every penny we paid him and can’t wait to have him back. 

• Love 1
  • Fire 4

Grandal is a big player (225 lbs. ?) so crouching down to receive pitches and then having to explode into a throwing posture to catch a base runner will be a tall order so soon after his surgery.  If he can make it back 100%,  that would be an incredible lift.

Collins had been pining for an opportunity to show his abilities at the major league level for several years. Now that he has arrived and received substantial playimng time,  I am not sure it was worth the wait.  He is just OK....as a back-up catcher.

If Yaz can't return to catch this season, I hope Hahn can somehow bring in another catcher for the play-off run.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yasmani has been very sorely missed. Dude makes an enormous difference on this team. 

I thought Zach looked to have an improved swing coming out of spring but he's regressed badly when pressed into more action.  I'm most disappointed by his receiving.  I thought he was decent last year but he's taken a step back there as well.  He's the type of guy that the Sox have given up on too early in the past tho.  Hopefully they can get Grandal back and warmed up for the playoffs because he's a huge difference maker on this club as you said.  A catcher that doesn't make an out 40% of the time, see a pissload of pitches and is a cromulent receiver is gold in MLB.

• Love 1

Just using the last 28 days feature at baseball reference.  In that time , Collins batting avg is .065 with OPS .418     I agree it looks like his defense has regressed.  Maybe he is taking his  offensive slump into the field?  I chuckled when people insinuated him going down and keeping Zavala when Grandal comes back.  It isn't funny anymore