The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Do you chalk up some of the passed balls from Zavala due to framing? Trying to get that strike where you need to move the glove quickly and slightly? At least that’s what people said about Yaz beginning of the year.

people were really complaining about Grandal's catcher interference trouble at the beginning of the season. They did forget perpetual back up QB, James McCann, had a rash of them last year as well. But supposedly, it is one of the byproducts of trying to be a great framer. The closer to the plate you are, the better.

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Do you chalk up some of the passed balls from Zavala due to framing? Trying to get that strike where you need to move the glove quickly and slightly? At least that’s what people said about Yaz beginning of the year.

Some of his techniques are not that good and also he is catching newer guys to him guys with a ton of movement .

20 hours ago, Moncada said:

Make that 7 passed balls now as he dropped another one.  He is very very very bad behind the plate.  

Zack Collins is literally the worst defensive catcher in all of baseball. Zavala is fine as a backup, and advanced statistics don’t seem to agree with you.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

people were really complaining about Grandal's catcher interference trouble at the beginning of the season. They did forget perpetual back up QB, James McCann, had a rash of them last year as well. But supposedly, it is one of the byproducts of trying to be a great framer. The closer to the plate you are, the better.

This, especially on low pitches, trying to snag them before they drop out of the zone.  To me it looks like Seby is caught fighting against his instincts in an attempt to frame from time to time and he flat out wiffs.  Hope he improves because he calls a far superior game to Collins IMO, also he was pretty instrumental in winning that FOD game, a forever hero in my book.

18 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

And one that’s actually patient and takes pitches. I think I want to bat him second.

I would bat Grandal 5th against RHP since he's the best source of LH power to put behind Eloy.

vs RHP: TA, Moncada, Abreu, Eloy, Grandal, Robert, Goodwin, Vaughn, Hernandez

vs LHP: TA, Moncada, Abreu, Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Vaughn, Engel, Hernandez

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

Can't wait to have everyone back together. It would have been awesome if Madrigal stayed healthy and was a part of it so we could see the lineup we all envisioned during the off-season and spring training but this will still be great. 

I am a Madrigal fan but the experience of Hernandez (hoping he gets out of his current slump both offensively and defensively) is more valuable now than Madrigal especialyy in a post season.  Hernandez hitting 9th is sexy as F.