The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Huh?  Grandal is signed for 2 more years.  Yan Gomes would be a great backup behind Grandal, but we certainly wouldn't need another.  

Every team needs 3 catchers in case of injury. Thus the no hit defensive catcher who hangs around in Charlotte, waiting for the inevitable

DL trip for one of our 30+ catchers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zisk said:

Every team needs 3 catchers in case of injury. Thus the no hit defensive catcher who hangs around in Charlotte, waiting for the inevitable

DL trip for one of our 30+ catchers.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I guess. I think Collins and Perez is plenty insurance as long as a vet like Gomes is brought in. 

What's rarely mentioned in evaluating the catchers is what we can't see: game planning and game plan execution.  When Zavala was called up instead of Yermin, TLR specifically referenced Zavala's game planning.

The game planning is important as it might explain pitch sequencing that doesn't always seem to make sense in real time.  They game plan with very advanced statistics, (this is Katz on the computer - not TLR).

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, gogosox1959 said:

They game plan with very advanced statistics, (this is Katz on the computer - not TLR).

Hall of Fame Baseball People have very advanced statistics integrated into the very fiber of their DNA.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

What's rarely mentioned in evaluating the catchers is what we can't see: game planning and game plan execution.  When Zavala was called up instead of Yermin, TLR specifically referenced Zavala's game planning.

The game planning is important as it might explain pitch sequencing that doesn't always seem to make sense in real time.  They game plan with very advanced statistics, (this is Katz on the computer - not TLR).

Of course. There is no way TLR would ever use advanced stats. The success is all Katz. Except for bullpen usage which people don't like. That is TLR with no input from Katz.

32 minutes ago, brian310 said:

You don’t know what you lost til it’s gone.

Yeah.  I think it's that.  Also you can just see how much he busts his ass out there each day.  Especially how much he he busted his ass to get back as soon as possible after a pretty bad injury.  That work ethic is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, chw42 said:

I'm guessing Grandal will probably catch tonight since Keuchel is on the mound? It'll be interesting to see if Dallas pitches better with Grandal behind the plate again. 

Well, the answer to that is a resounding NO.

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Probably felt good to him. Been a looong time.

I bet it felt great. He was demoralized up here. Maybe if you supported him and LIKED HIS CONTENT MORE he wouldn't have been demoralized and his production wouldn't have spiraled downward. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I bet it felt great. He was demoralized up here. Maybe if you supported him and LIKED HIS CONTENT MORE he wouldn't have been demoralized and his production wouldn't have spiraled downward. 

Whomp whomp whomp.