The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

23 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

The most valuable player on the team.

The one dude who couldn't get hurt.

To be fair, this is now the third dude who couldn't get hurt, to get hurt.  But yes, just terrible if this is a loan term thing.  

GettyImages-1267341251-1-1024x683.jpg

Check out Brady’s arm. This isn’t even close to maxed out muscle mass. Lean and wiry. Imagine if he had been throwing with an arm built like Robert’s thigh. His arm would have been done 15+ years ago. That’s what you want in a baseball player because the motions in baseball are similar whip type movements. 

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Check out Brady’s arm. This isn’t even close to maxed out muscle mass. Lean and wiry. Imagine if he had been throwing with an arm built like Robert’s thigh. His arm would have been done 15+ years ago. That’s what you want in a baseball player because the motions in baseball are similar whip type movements. 

I did not think this was going to be an indictment of Robert's thigh when I started reading 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I did not think this was going to be an indictment of Robert's thigh when I started reading 

Well check out Engel’s and Roberts thighs they’re clearly the most built on the team. Coincidence? Maybe

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

To be fair, this is now the third dude who couldn't get hurt, to get hurt.  But yes, just terrible if this is a loan term thing.  

If this season has taught me anything, it's that we're about to see Gunnar Troutwine come up and rake for two weeks for no discernable reason.

Time to consider a trade for Wilson Contreras and Kris Bryant.  Catching has been a team strength for several years and about to become a nightmare situation.  Maybe a call to talk Flowers out of retirement if nothing else works.

• Haha 1

Just now, poppysox said:

Time to consider a trade for Wilson Contreras and Kris Bryant.  Catching has been a team strength for several years and about to become a nightmare situation.  Maybe a call to talk Flowers out of retirement if nothing else works.

Who are you trading the Cubs? Vaughn? Madrigal? Crochet? 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Who are you trading the Cubs? Vaughn? Madrigal? Crochet? 

I was just making the point that the loss of Grandal is critical.  Until this injury, I wasn't in favor of rash trades but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I would not give up any of the three players you mention for short-term rentals but I would consider something like Burger + Lambert perhaps.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The Sox don’t have prospects sexy enough for the Cubs to make them prohibitive favorites. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Sox don’t have prospects sexy enough for the Cubs to make them prohibitive favorites. 

And the Sox have usually fleased the cubs When trading. That said your right I am not trading any top future talent to them but I also don’t think the cubs will get what they want for the rental of Bryant.

33 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Is this a joke or something? Can't tell.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I read a piece by a Cubs writer who said he doubts the Cubs will be active as they don't think they will get much for players like Bryant, Baez or Contreras. I don't think the Sox will be as active at the trade deadline as fans hope. The injuries are piling up, and you can't rebuild a team in July.

39 minutes ago, Vulture said:

You could have told me.”

GETTY-jimmy-cordero-white-sox.jpg?ve=1&t

6 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I read a piece by a Cubs writer who said he doubts the Cubs will be active as they don't think they will get much for players like Bryant, Baez or Contreras. I don't think the Sox will be as active at the trade deadline as fans hope. The injuries are piling up, and you can't rebuild a team in July.

This is not a rebuild but rather a plug the hole created by an unfortunate injury.  We all think we can limp along until Eloy and Robert return assuming this catcher situation doesn't become a black hole where games go to die.  At the very least we need a good defensive catcher.  I brought up the Contreras/Bryant idea as a way to deal with today's situation.  I don't agree with those who feel we don't have the pieces to get that deal done.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

This is not a rebuild but rather a plug the hole created by an unfortunate injury.  We all think we can limp along until Eloy and Robert return assuming this catcher situation doesn't become a black hole where games go to die.  At the very least we need a good defensive catcher.  I brought up the Contreras/Bryant idea as a way to deal with today's situation.  I don't agree with those who feel we don't have the pieces to get that deal done.

I would clarify my point that we don’t want to give away the pieces that the cubs would want. In addition I think the angst gets intensified because it’s cubs / Sox . Cubs are still pissed off from the Quinntanna trade.

• Heads22 changed the title to Grandal tears tendon in left knee (out 4-6 weeks), Zavala called up